Hello everybody! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 06-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #1
WaterBaby87
Hello everybody!

Hi there! I am a brand new member, and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Delia, I live in Texas, and just recently "officially" got into owning a reptile. As a marine biology major, I rarely had to deal with reptiles, so it took me 3 years of doing my research. I even asked my friend who was in vet school at the time to send me all of her notes from the reptiles class (medicine/physiology/etc). When I felt somewhat confident enough, I found my BP through a small breeder out of MA (March 2017), and I now have this wonderful docile creature that I would pretty much cut my arm off if it meant making sure he lives the best possible life.

If for a moment there you thought I was crazy for researching for three whole years, that's nothing. I did work with dogs for 5 years before I felt somewhat confident enough to own one (GSD Import), and I researched betta fish for 2 years as well before owning one. I sincerely believe you are in charge of the little soul that is brought to you, and I take complete responsibility for them.

I am very interested in owning more snakes (ok, maybe like 1-2 more) and one day, perhaps, a gecko and a BTS. But I do move at the pace of an arthritic dog, so all those wonderful things will happen in time. My goal is to have a somewhat diverse home in terms of pets (but not on the verge of animal hoarding LOL) so that our children become acquainted with as many species as possible. I truly believe this makes children grow up with a higher self esteem as well as an appreciation and respect for nature.

It's so nice to meet y'all! Here's some pictures of our noodle child, Casper (ok I secretly call him Lieutenant Dan, but my fiance said no so.... here's Lt. Dan! 'Cuz he ain't got no legs...):

Old 06-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #2
snowgyre
Welcome, fellow biologist! I'm fully landlocked though, I'm a terrestrial wildlife biologist, don't know much about marine systems.

Casper is a really great looking snake! Whenever you are ready to buy a new snake, be sure to check out a potential seller's reviews on the Board of Inquiry here to make sure they're a trustworthy character.

Welcome to Fauna, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Old 06-25-2017, 07:27 PM   #3
WaterBaby87
Thanks girl! Nice to meet you

Old 06-27-2017, 10:10 PM   #4
Donald C
Welcome to the hobby and site.

Love that you did all that work in prepping for owning. Nothing quite beats the fun of researching and finding things out yourself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!