UPS, FedEx or USPS? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:21 AM   #1
spinytail
UPS, FedEx or USPS?

What are the advantages and disadvantages for each shipping company? I have not done this in a while and found USPS only offering 2 day and FedEx not officially allowing live animals. I have been in the business of and on for 25 years, and this changes often. I was once on FedEx, but then came back 10 years back and it was USPS.

I am shipping some lizards now, but will likely want to ship some snakes in the future. Any recommendations?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
bcr229
http://www.ShipYourReptiles.com/ has a lot of great info.

Snakes can only go FedEx.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:27 PM   #3
spinytail
Thanks, I ended up using shipyourreptiles, very good deal and easy to set-up.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:15 AM   #4
FresnoTortoise
I think FedEx is the best. Much easier to hold your package at main shipping station, which has AC. Some of the smaller pick up and ship locations do not accept live reptiles as packages to hold.

At the UPS station, the package may be held in a un-AC room. I have picked up my package before with it on the ground in the main building, while other packages are held in a garage like setting with no AC.

USPS, sometimes they can hold your reptiles at station, other times they can't hold your reptiles at station, it is almost a toss up. From my understanding, FedEx overnight trucks at smaller and have AC.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!