Bad Guy Tucker M. Wester - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:41 PM   #1
cr250guy
Tucker M. Wester

The following synopsis can be confirmed with the included screen caps from facebook messages with Tucker M Wester:

I just had 4 weeks of my time wasted by Tucker M. Wester who claimed he intended on buying 5 green tree pythons from me. We agreed to a price of $17,500 for the group.

It was initially to be paid via Paypal divided into three payments. I sent three invoices on 6/02/15 to what he claimed was his Fiance's account (Should have been red flag #1, but after some facebook sleuthing, and asking other sellers it seemed as though he used this account regularly, so I went along with it). He then claimed to have attempted to pay them on 6/2. On 6/05 he contacted me saying that paypal had froze his account because of the large purchases, and said that he would send out a check. I recommended a Cashiers check at that time.He claimed to have mailed out the check on 6/08.

On 6/16 I still had received no check, so I asked him if he had sent it. He claimed that he had written the address down wrong on the envelope, and that it had been returned to him. He then sent me a picture of a personal check post dated 6/20(yet another huge red flag that I for some reason ignored) for the full amount agreed upon and said he was resending the check. At that time I asked outright "Is the check going to clear?" To which he replied yes, and that he was not wasting my time and was very serious about the animals, as well as saying he had recently got a lot of money in a settlement. And like an idiot I believed him.

I received the check on 6/19 and deposited it. My bank account at one point showed that the full amount was available, and I thought all was good. But today 6/26, It had all disappeared with a Not Sufficient Funds error, and I got charged 15$ from my bank for the error. I am extremely fortunate that the check bounced today (Friday the 26th) because I had scheduled to ship Monday the 29th....and I could have been out some very valuable animals if it had not been rejected until Monday or after...(I still don't understand why my bank showed that the full amount was available - not pending - completely available! then it was all gone). As soon as a sent my last message to him stating that the check had bounced, the deal was off, and that he had wasted my time, he promptly unfriended me and has not replied since.

I am not the only one who has had this experience with Tucker M. Wester either. Since all of this has gone down, one other seller has come forward to say that they had a similar experience. I will include a screen cap of that as well, but keep the person anonymous - so judge for yourself. My opinion is that he is trying to find someone to scam and get some free snakes out of it. So please be aware that I am not the only one he has done this to.

Stay safe out there,
Jason Wright

Messages with Tucker M Wester

Other seller who had the same issue

Old 06-27-2015, 12:58 AM   #2
ballsofmre
tucker is known in his local area for setting up deals and backing out at the last moment i know of at least 2 others that he strung along for sometimes weeks at a time me it was just a trade so no big deal but.....

Old 06-27-2015, 01:40 AM   #3
cr250guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsofmre View Post
tucker is known in his local area for setting up deals and backing out at the last moment i know of at least 2 others that he strung along for sometimes weeks at a time me it was just a trade so no big deal but.....
I read a review of him and contacted the person who wrote it (Tucker was the seller for this transaction) and the person was happy with him from a buyer's perspective. So I thought he had some integrity....obviously doesn't apply when he is the buyer.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:45 AM   #4
Siphon
I had a run in with Tucker awhile back. Received an animal that was not the size she was advertised to be, had an unreal mite infestation, dirty vent, wounds on her abdomen, and she inevitably expired prematurely; he said he was leaving the hobby and I could say whatever I wanted to about him so I never did post anything on the BOI (kicking myself now that I see he's still around). I will try
To dig up all of the screenshots I have on the incident to share...

Definitely not a good guy to do business with!

Old 06-27-2015, 02:13 AM   #5
cr250guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphon View Post
I had a run in with Tucker awhile back. Received an animal that was not the size she was advertised to be, had an unreal mite infestation, dirty vent, wounds on her abdomen, and she inevitably expired prematurely; he said he was leaving the hobby and I could say whatever I wanted to about him so I never did post anything on the BOI (kicking myself now that I see he's still around). I will try
To dig up all of the screenshots I have on the incident to share...

Definitely not a good guy to do business with!
Man I wish you would have posted....No way I would have done a deal knowing all of that. I hope you post up now because he has several ads up on facebook for either bushmaster or import biaks, people that might buy from him need to know what they are dealing with.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #6
Siphon
I will. It was in 2013 so I will have to find all of my information for the post. I'm feeling pretty guilty for not posting one earlier. I called him out on an auction about six months ago and he then blocked me and my husband on Facebook. So I can't see what he's doing these days.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #7
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr250guy View Post
I received the check on 6/19 and deposited it. My bank account at one point showed that the full amount was available, and I thought all was good. But today 6/26, It had all disappeared with a Not Sufficient Funds error, and I got charged 15$ from my bank for the error.
NSF's can take up to 15 business days to show up.

For transactions that large I have a separate account set up just for wire transfers, and I cover the transaction fees. Once the funds hit that account they get moved to my main account so they can't be pulled back.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:11 AM   #8
Jdv12
Well this changed a lot gonna look else's where cant afford to waste time

Old 07-31-2015, 12:11 AM   #9
Jdv12
Thanks for the heads up

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!