Inquiry Why All The Hate Toward Reptiles By Mack? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:20 PM   #1
NekoGeckos
Why All The Hate Toward Reptiles By Mack?

I understand that while Reptiles by Mack is one of the best breeders for wholesale and has amazing prices, I do not understand why the younger generations of leopard gecko breeders are casting so much shade on them.

I have purchased one leopard gecko before from their Reptique, and since have sold her to a friend. She is one of the most beautiful geckos ever, and my friend gets offers all the time, upwards of $300 for this gecko.

She was sold as an albino super snow, and even though the strain was not specified on the ad, you can see in their FAQ that it says primarily they use tremper for albino morphs other than leucistic.

But for some reason, people seem to ignore the fact that this is a simple disclaimer, and jump right to the conclusion that this means they are crossing albino strains and selling unknown hets.

I have always and will always defend Reptiles by Mack, as they have amazing animals, prices, and customer service. But I am getting immensely tired of explaining to people why they are trustworthy when I don't even really understand why people say otherwise.

I have a few questions to cut it short.

Does Reptiles by Mack cross the tremper and rainwater albino strains?
Do they disclose hets if asked by a customer, or do their animals even have hets? It's possible to just not have hets, by the way.
Do any of the people claiming they are untrustworthy or have bad genetics have any experience buying from them, or have they even spoken to them before?
Have there been any breeders who bought from them and were dissatisfied or proved animals to have unknown hets?

I am just really confused as to why all the hate, and would like to ask the haters if they have ever bred a mack snow. If so, they're breeding animals with Mack's genetics and should be ashamed for bashing blindly. I would really like to hear some info from valid sources, and even one shred of proof they have bad genetics would be enough for me- but I have yet to see anything but nasty rumors and cruel jokes.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:42 PM   #3
NekoGeckos
Like I said it's all rumors, so I was asking if anyone had any legitimate bad reviews on them. I want to hear facts and allow Jonh and Amy to answer questions so people can put rumors to rest.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:05 AM   #4
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoGeckos View Post
Like I said it's all rumors, so I was asking if anyone had any legitimate bad reviews on them. I want to hear facts and allow Jonh and Amy to answer questions so people can put rumors to rest.
Just curious. You posted a thread on rumors saying they're bad when they have good feedback.
Now people may start to wonder if there's any truth to the rumors

Old 07-24-2015, 05:12 AM   #5
NekoGeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmebabee View Post
Just curious. You posted a thread on rumors saying they're bad when they have good feedback.
Now people may start to wonder if there's any truth to the rumors
I did not say I support the claims at all, I'm just wondering if anyone feels that way, and I want evidence in order to believe it. I'm kind of trying to disprove the rumors, and at the same time am asking the breeders to answer questions people may have.

I don't know if you caught that at all, but I am pretty angry with people spreading rumors and am requesting that those people support their claims if they're going to talk crap. But it would appear that this community is so critical of trash talking and people who can't support their claims with evidence, that nobody here has even heard any rumors or felt that way at all, let alone would have anything bad to say without evidence.

I'm actually really glad that there are no negative reviews on this website about them, because it tells me how truly supportive and professional people are here, and it makes me confident that if I use this as my main source for reviews, I won't be steered in the wrong direction.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:17 AM   #6
snakewrangler
Quote:
I'm actually really glad that there are no negative reviews on this website about them, because it tells me how truly supportive and professional people are here, and it makes me confident that if I use this as my main source for reviews, I won't be steered in the wrong direction.
You must be new here.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:19 AM   #7
NekoGeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewrangler View Post
You must be new here.
Yeah I joined this week. But if you're implying anything by that I'd love to hear it. I was under the impression that a board of inquiries was for asking questionS.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:38 AM   #8
NekoGeckos
Like seriously, if asking this question was breaking the rules, please remove it or something, cause I don't want people to think badly of anyone. I just wanted to know if the people who claim that they are a bad business were willing to say it where they can see it. And I also want to know why, because I see absolutely nothing wrong with them.

I absolutely love John and Amy and the geckos I got from them, and will definately buy from them again, this isn't a review though, so my questions here aren't based off of my own suspicion or experience- they're really to try and disprove any bad rumors.

I would absolutely love to hear from them, and would love it even more if there were no bad reviews (or if the people saying things are just lying and won't come forward) but I just know that there are people who say bad things about Reptiles by Mack, and I want to know if they would be willing to say why publicly. John and Amy have a right to know, and I'm sure if others are asking the same questions, they'd also want to know the answers.

If you want a source for the rumors, try pretty much any mainstream facebook group about leopard geckos. The rumors I heard recently which brought this discussion to light were posted in a group called Leopard Geckos, that has thousands of members. I left the group after I realized that the people there were literally just talking crap, and so I don't remember exactly who said everything, but I left a comment defending them and was met with a ton of hate. I don't like that there is so much hate toward them and anyone defending them, so I really made this thread to see if the haters had any valid points, or to confirm my opinion that it's all just jealousy and random childishness.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:42 AM   #9
NekoGeckos
The first time I ever heard anything bad about them was from Steven Cervantes, of SC Reptiles in SoCal. I was talking about buying a super snow from them, and he said he bought from them before and had to throw the animals out because they had bad genetics. I did not buy from them because of this statement, which I now realize was cruel and wrong and I had no reason to believe him other than his reputation.

But that was back in early 2014, so things have been going around for a while obviously, and being that I actually really like Reptiles by Mack, I have been wanting to ask this for a while.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:32 AM   #10
Lucille
Quote:

I don't know if you caught that at all, but I am pretty angry with people spreading rumors
Spreading rumors is what you are doing by posting this thread. Now, thousands of people who only read the Good Guy threads here, are now party to the very rumors you say anger you.

Yes, the BOI is a place for information and questions. That doesn't change the fact that you spread these rumors here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!