I need help finding the rules for posting ... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:58 AM   #1
Russ S
I need help finding the rules for posting ...

... in the New or Updated Web Sites and Resources area as I don't wish to incur the wrath of the all mighty forum moderators.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:06 AM   #2
Sasheena
The rules for posting on the BOI are one of the top three "stickied" messages that is highlighted in some bright color.... It says "Rules for posting on the BOI" or something like that.

As far as the rules for the rest of the site, I'm not sure of the location, but I can give you a couple of basic rules right here:

Don't post classifieds in non-classifieds sections
Don't post BOI threads in non-BOI sections
Don't ask for free animals
Do use your full name
Do be courteous to fellow members (even if you disagree)
Don't abuse the reputation system.

That's all I could think of at the moment.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:12 AM   #3
Matt Haines
I can give you my rough version of it as I found out the hard way. You can make a thread/post about a website you just created. You may also post about general changes to your site i.e. overhaul of the appearance, layout, or anything you may feel make the site feel or look smoother. You may not post anything specifically that you have updated your available(for sale) page as that is viewed as subterfuge to boost your sales. Basically anything is ok except for blatant or not so blatant advertising.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:23 AM   #4
Sasheena
Yeah I always forget rules about posting links to active sites, since the only links I ever post to my own sites are just sites about mousey genetics, and I'm not selling anything, so I have never come close to posting on it.

However it is important that if you are going to start a thread that states "come check out my site" make sure it's in the appropriate location (and I'm not sure if such a location exists). And if the ONLY reason you come here is trolling for visitors to your own site, that tends to be obvious and get you censured.

But again, I'm certainly no expert on this facet of the rules, since they don't affect me.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:31 AM   #5
Matt Haines
I'm definately here for more than gaining visitor's to my site. However I managed to not read the rules for that particular forum(although I do believe forum specific rules should be sticky in each of the corresponding forums i.e. in this case having a website forum rules sticky) and just gauged what was acceptable by what others were doing. I think I may have managed to be the only one who got whacked with warning points but dems da breaks. They will most likely be the only ones I get now or in the future.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:44 AM   #6
Dennis Hultman
New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Quote:
General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:26 AM   #7
Sasheena
Quote:
I'm definately here for more than gaining visitor's to my site
I'm glad about that.

Generally if someone does something that is against the rules or not politically correct, I look at the number of posts they've made and when they've joined and cut them some slack (mentally) at the beginning.... except in one or two cases...

If a person has only ONE post on the site, and that post is "please send me free herps." or "check out my new-and-improved-and-better-than-this-one BOI" then they don't get much more of a label than "scum".

But few people read the dusty labels in my head. The warning points get read by a lot of people.

I'm glad there's actually a forum for "come check out my site" type posts. If/When I get around to making my website, I'll post there.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:33 AM   #8
Matt Haines
I usually not only pay attention to post count but percentage wise, how many of those post were trying to get you to buy something or come to their site? Some people may have 50 posts but if 20 of them are a plug than something isn't right. I feel fine just advertising my site through the fauna ads and knowing the money I put into that privilege goes toward something that benefits many.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:57 AM   #9
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ S
... in the New or Updated Web Sites and Resources area as I don't wish to incur the wrath of the all mighty forum moderators.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

If you took the time to actually look around you might have found them. If you scroll down in this post it explains all the different warning points and how you would earn them.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=8880

I chose not to give you warning points for your post and post a sticky clarifying what the forum is for. And this is what I get for it, a smart ass post. You didn't "incur the wrath of the all mighty forum moderators." Your post got deleted and it made me realize that sticky was needed after all of the recent availability posts had been made.

You have been here long enough to know that advertising is not allowed in the discussion forums, period. How hard is it for you to use the classifieds section like everyone else?

Rich has said it many times before, if you do not like this site, NO ONE is forcing you to be here. The door swings both ways. Your thinly disguised jabs at myself, the other moderators, and Rich will NOT be tolerated.

But I will thank you for this post. It is making me re-evaluate how I do things on this site. Maybe from now on, instead of not issuing warning points for what I might consider minor infractions of the rules, I will just issue warning points for every single violation I see. Atleast then you will know what specific rule you broke. Then you'll have something legitimate to whine about.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:22 AM   #10
Matt Haines
Thanks for that link. I now have it bookmarked so as to eliminate risk of future infractions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!