SOLD!! Abyssinian guinea pig w/ entire set-up to experienced SoCal home $25 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
~Just Curious~
Thumbs up Abyssinian guinea pig w/ entire set-up to experienced SoCal home $25

My friend's young son has terrible asthma and it's just getting worse. The doctor gave her orders to get rid of the guinea pig before he comes home from the hospital. After she couldn't find a home in time, she was going to drop it off at a shelter but I didn't want that so I said I'd take it and find her a home.

This is "Cinnamon" a 2 year old female abyssinian (aka "bad hair day") female. Her nails were just clipped yesterday!
She comes with her fully-furnished 29" long x 18" wide x 20" tall guinea pig cage w/ platform, optional 12" stand w/ wheels, new bedding, plenty of pellets/hay, various treats, and I'll toss in some bags of fresh spinach/apple slices!

I've been told that she is very affectionate and loves being pet and held, my friend says she would watch TV with it just on her chest/lap.
I've only had it for a few hours and the poor thing is probably rather scared, so I can't say for sure. So far it seems to be okay with being pet after you let it smell you first, otherwise it startles. (bad eyesight) Also it's very hard to get it out of the cage. Once she's out, she's calm as can be but getting her out seems to be a bit tough if she doesn't want to leave. I have no experience with these animals so it's possible I'm coming at her wrong or holding her wrong...
I've also been told that she "never bites" but I've already been nipped once. I'm chalking it up to high stress levels from the move, I tried to relocate her igloo while she was inside (figured she would leave when I started) and she let me know that she didn't authorize any such move. It didn't hurt much, was more surprising than anything.

Healthy though, I can say for sure that she eats like a pig. Constantly.

I won't adopt this animal out as a feeder or breeder!
This is a cherished pet-quality animal with owners who are begging for a home that will give it as much love as they did! Plus I don't want contribute to the already bad overpopulation problem (The cavy shelter she was looking at gets 12 calls a day on average from people trying to drop off their animals and they're already full!) If you're looking for breeders then I suggest you buy high-quality animals from a reputable breeder. If you want herp food then I suggest you spare poor Cinny and buy frozen from a local herp store.

I'm looking for an owner with at least a year's worth of experience working with guinea pigs!
I don't want this to be some impulse buy, I'm looking for a forever home and for that I need you to know what to expect! This way -
A. I know you won't just get bored in a few months since you've already owned one for longer. (Cinny's first owner before my friend gave it up because their kid "got bored" of it)
B. You already know how to comfortably house them so she won't have to suffer through any "experimenting" phases.
C. You won't be overwhelmed by how much work these things are and by how loud, smelly, and messy they can be!

Impulse buying is very easy to do. I myself was very excited by how cute this thing was and thought maybe I'd wait a week before posting the ads...Then reality ensued. Yes it's adorable and makes the cutest noises, but it's also rather skittish, has a strong smell, can be loud, needs to be fed and cleaned frequently, and seems kinda posessive over it's things. It's already drew blood from my finger and peed on me within the first few hours. (She's up giving me that cute face now, so I'll have to forgive her)

I may make it sound evil, but I've only had it for a few hours and the poor thing has been through a lot. If my friend says she's very affectionate and never bites then I'd bet she's perfect once she gets settled in. I'm sure this would be a great pet for an experienced home who knows how to deal with guineas!

Local pickup in Orange County, CA. I can drive a bit if need be. $25 rehoming fee to get back what I spent on supplies (You're getting them all anyway) may be waived for special circumstances, but it's an exceptional deal.
If interested you can email me at skyeflyte@hotmail.com or just comment/PM here.
Please tell me what experience you have with guinea pigs, any current pets, and how you see yourself caring for Cinnamon years from now! I want to find a good forever home!

-EDIT-
I'm very happy to say that Cinnamon has found a great forever home with a wonderful lady who spoils her piggies rotten! Cinny now has two other friends to play with in her new home as well! <3
Thanks for everyone who expressed interest, Cinnamon's doing great!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!