Bad Guy CB Reptile problems. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-13-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
makkatfloof
Thumbs down CB Reptile problems.

Hi, I’m a chameleon owner from Chameleon Forums that was told to take my story about this business to this page. My name is MaKellee Doty.
For years, I have wanted a chameleon. Finally, in March, I got all the things I needed to get a chameleon. After looking at many breeders, I decided to order from CB Reptile.
The first thing was that my chameleon came in three days late. No explanation as to why after multiple emails, phone calls, and messages to the page on Facebook. Finally, I get a message the night he is sent saying they aren’t in business on the weekends, which is previously against what their website said. That was strike one.

Strike two: my chameleon comes in with no info on him and major bacterial eye infection that costed an extra $500 to clear up. I sent them an email complaining about this. Another FEW DAYS LATER, I get a response only offering a coupon to the website and saying their “on site biologist” said none of the chameleons had this infection. This specific infection could have only been spread from chameleon to chameleon (I ordered him as a little guy so he wasn’t separated from his siblings yet).
If you go on the website, absolutely no info on this said “biologist” let alone any info on their facility in general or any pictures of it. I called and requested info on this “biologist” to get no response. They also offer no info on lineage or who the sites are of the chameleons

Weeks later, more and more reviews kept coming out on Facebook and Chameleon forums of other buyers complaining about the same exact eye issue and then getting the same treatment.

Someone else on chameleon forums did some more looking into this place. Not only did they find that CB Reptile is a wholesale seller. Basically a mill for reptiles. So not the “designer captive bred” they preach about having. Basically another Backwater or LL.

Luckily, I had an amazing vet that actually specialized in chameleons and was able to save my boys life. The infection got so bad so quickly that he was puking up everything, including his own stomach acid and was on his death bed when he was taken into the vets care.

If I can keep getting the word out about this in any way possible, I will and that’s why I am here. This “breeder” is a new and upcoming business, so when I ordered, they seemed to be amazing. Please make sure you do your research and consider an older, long running breeder with high ratings.
Watch out for this place. It’s sketchy.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #2
norcalCham
First, glad your Chameleon is doing better.

A quick glance at the site and it is apparent that they do not specialize in one reptile. With the assortment of animals offered as well as the wholesale option they also most likely do not produce what is available.

As a member of Chameleon Forums who did "research" why did you not purchase from one of the site sponsors there or from their Chameleon classifieds?

Old 06-13-2018, 07:31 PM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkatfloof View Post

Weeks later, more and more reviews kept coming out on Facebook and Chameleon forums of other buyers complaining about the same exact eye issue and then getting the same treatment.
Could you please ask some of those people to come here and post. Also please post CB Reptile's response to your email.

I have notified them of this thread.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:10 PM   #4
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalCham View Post
First, glad your Chameleon is doing better.
As a member of Chameleon Forums who did "research" why did you not purchase from one of the site sponsors there or from their Chameleon classifieds?
Good question and cant wait to see the answer.

I see this ALL the time here ... why are people still buying wild caught animals from dealers and not supporting the small, private breeders producing the animals they want ?

Old 06-14-2018, 06:18 AM   #5
Donald C
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
Good question and cant wait to see the answer.

I see this ALL the time here ... why are people still buying wild caught animals from dealers and not supporting the small, private breeders producing the animals they want ?

With some, or even most, of the new members of the reptile keeping hobby, they don't know how to spot a flipper/whole-saler. They just see a range of options with one or two offering a lower price and select what they think was the better deal. It takes more experience and knowledge, or being with the right group, for new keepers to be able to anticipate this sort of distinction.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:52 PM   #6
Duffield
Well, they just lost one sale. Just hours before placing an order to.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:39 PM   #7
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkatfloof View Post

The first thing was that my chameleon came in three days late. No explanation as to why after multiple emails, phone calls, and messages to the page on Facebook. Finally, I get a message the night he is sent saying they aren’t in business on the weekends, which is previously against what their website said. That was strike one.

Strike two: my chameleon comes in with no info on him and major bacterial eye infection that costed an extra $500 to clear up. I sent them an email complaining about this. Another FEW DAYS LATER, I get a response only offering a coupon to the website and saying their “on site biologist” said none of the chameleons had this infection. This specific infection could have only been spread from chameleon to chameleon (I ordered him as a little guy so he wasn’t separated from his siblings yet).
Hi Makelle, to present a strong case against anyone you need to support your words with emails,texts and a copy of that $500.00 vet bill you say you incurred.

You say that your cham came in 3 days late was it because you placed your order late in the week or over the weekend?

Any info on the new cham should be asked before you pay because some sellers will offer no info after they have your bucks.

Most importantly is for you to do the research before you send a payment.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:46 PM   #8
Ed Clark
Makelle,please post the name,address and phone # of the place that sent this cham to you.

Thanks

Old 07-28-2018, 01:04 PM   #9
bobcochran
CB Reptiles is posting a picture of one of chameleons taken by me without my consent. I will be contacting them.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #10
snowgyre
I've attached a screenshot of Robert's facebook post regarding a stolen image and also a screenshot of where that image is currently being used on CB Reptile's website.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!