Rita Smith of New York Worms- Good Guy (Gal) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:40 PM   #1
DragonCharm
Rita Smith of New York Worms- Good Guy (Gal)

Here's her contact info:
Rita Smith
info@nyworms.com
New York Worms
Your Feeder Insect Superstore!
http://www.nyworms.com

She was running a deal on KS for 2000 large supers for $33.00 shipped, I picked one up and was pleased. Will be ordering them from her from now on (unless I am slow to order and need bugs the next day, then I'll order from Fluker). I paid $31.50 for 1000 from Flukers delivered, $33.00 for 2000 delivered from NY Worms......much better price. The only thing is that they were shipped to me via DHL ground, fine for me being in CT as they were only one state away and arrived the day after they were shipped but might not work out so well for those on the left coast so check ahead to see how they will ship to you and decide if the risk is worth it.

Also, she only ships on Tuesday so factor that in when ordering. I know this is pretty standard policy for bug suppliers but if you need them overnighted and its Thursday keep it in mind. At least with Flukers if I order before 3pm EST they are at my house the next morning, I can always use them as a backup if my schedule won't work with a Tuesday shipping company.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:14 PM   #3
Dennis1
I second that

They are very prompt and professional when i ordered crickets
Two thumbs up!

Old 07-28-2005, 08:16 PM   #4
Jan Orcutt
I've had good luck with NY Worms, and they're one of the few places I can get butter worms.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
SPJ
I just ordered some heat packs.
Let's hope they are as good with dry goods as they are with feeders.

Old 06-04-2006, 01:48 AM   #6
Burma Boy
I recently took a chance on the NY Worms special on superworms.
2k for 35.00
I received most dead. No fault of New York Worms, but the change in weather to hot and humid so suddenly.
I emailed them the moment I received them, and within minutes, a refund was emailed to my Paypal acct.
No questions asked. I will try this company again when the weather cools down come Sept.
Great customer service!

Old 06-06-2006, 10:00 AM   #7
kstigile
I have dealth with NYworms and have had great luck with the crickets there. they do an amazing job of correct sizing, and overcounts are good. very few arrived dead, but thats what overcounts are for i guess. i would highly recommend rita and her crew to anyone.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
monkeywrench133
Anyone have any recent experiences with these guys? I'm thinking about ordering from them, so any info would be appreciated.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
flight_ems
Thumbs up NY Worms

I placed an order of 2K crickets, a deal they were running. I received them today they look great. Very small amount of dead ones. Hopefully they run the special again, I would keep buying my cricket supply from them.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #10
KelliH
I've ordered my bugs from her off and on over the past year and have been very happy with every order.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!