Heavy parasite load found in ball python from Ed Clark - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:55 AM   #21
jsrocket
All rivalries aside, I think the real question is, should someone be liable for a parasitic infection 10 months later? The answer is no.

No matter how you spin it, that problem is YOUR fault.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:58 AM   #22
Wilomn
Guys, she's NOT blaming anyone or asking for anything.

It's just a headsup for anyone else who got something from mr. clark. If hers were misrepresented, someone elses may have been as well.

Try reading the whole thing before you over react.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 AM   #23
cookreptiles
if someone contacted me about geckos i sent them being parasite ridden, regardless of the time frame i would immediately have all of my geckos tested. i would certainly want to know if i had parasites that i didn't know about in my collection. if i found parasites i would refund the person who contacted me for any vet costs and the cost of the gecko(s) they got from me. coccidia is extremely serious, and not something to be taken lightly by any means.

the other females i received from ed have vet appointments on thursday. i suspect that they have parasites as well, but of course i can't be 100% sure until i get the results of the fecal. the reason i suspect it is because all are great eaters, yet none have gained any substantial amount of weight since i received them, which is common in snakes with tapeworms. these are 2005 females that eat every week on the dot, yet only weigh 400-550 grams. obviously something is not right when all of my other snakes are gaining weight and thriving as normal, healthy snakes do.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:00 AM   #24
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
All rivalries aside, I think the real question is, should someone be liable for a parasitic infection 10 months later? The answer is no.

i dont think that is the case. The parasites could have been there from the start, and just did not get to be too much until now.

The question is, if these animals are CB, there should not be any parasites in them at all right? the fact that there is now, and possibly was when she received them is what should be the focus of this thread.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:01 AM   #25
Junkyard
What type species of tapeworm and strongyloides did the vet conclude? Some species of tapeworm have a life cycle of 6-8 weeks and other take 6-7 months. Strongyloides species can live from 400 days to longer. Coccidia is also capable of living for long periods of time without any symptoms showing in the reptile, but can become severe under stress by the reptile.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:03 AM   #26
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
It's just a headsup for anyone else who got something from mr. clark. If hers were misrepresented, someone elses may have been as well.

I agree Wes, if she was sold captive BORN when she paid for captive BRED, then she has a legitimate gripe.

I'm curious to see what the emails contain regarding that matter.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:04 AM   #27
cookreptiles
Quote:

it is my fault if i was sent snakes that were ridden with parasites?

i just want people to be aware of the situation so that they can take appropriate action with their animals.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:04 AM   #28
jsrocket
Wes, she's not precisely blaming, she's doing the "passive aggressive" routine. Who me?

Old 09-18-2007, 01:07 AM   #29
Wilomn
Quote:
Wes, she's not precisely blaming, she's doing the "passive aggressive" routine. Who me?
I disagree.

She has flat out stated she wants nothing but to make others aware that she got animals that should have NONE of these problems from mr. clark.

Sounds like a pretty good guy to me, just looking out for her fellow hobbiest and taking responsibility for her own animals, their expense for treatment and care, on her own.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:07 AM   #30
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookreptiles
it is my fault if i was sent snakes that were ridden with parasites?
No, but it is your fault you didn't have them checked when you got them, or at least sooner than this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!