Info Thomas Dorn - aeterrabyte - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #51
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
Hey I am tired of repeating my self about the tube feeding. Getting a small about of water into a dying dehydrated snakes mouth is different then tube feeding. If you don't understand that I don't know what to tell you. You keep saying that to try and make me look bad. Don't breed spider to spider. I want my money back. Your snake sucks. Plain and simple. If I was aware that it was spider to spider I would not have gotten it.
I get the Flag of Buyers remorse now with this post. Spider x Spider is a Myth and causes no issues beyond the normal spider wobble. So dont even bring that as an excuse to why you want your money back or fall back to why the snake is the way it is.

This post of your speaks VOLUMES now and picture gets clearer...

Old 12-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #52
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Exactly. That's where I'd be hesitant. Just blindly issuing a refund wouldn't really be in anyone's best interests. Given how long, after arrival, that the snake was ostensibly OK; until a vet. shows that there was definitely a pre-existing condition, there's nothing remotely resembling solid evidence that this isn't a product of the buyer's care. A health guarantee is great, but it shouldn't be carte blanche for a buyer to expect the seller to fix their own mistakes.

A single drop of water is the reason the snake is still alive? C'mon, man. Like the snake supposedly being 110 degrees when it arrived, this makes me think that you're just making this up as you go along.
Well what do I do? The snake is not drinking or eating? Do I just let it die. I at least need to keep it alive till I get to the vet. There is no need to make anything up because I am an honest person. I just want to return the snake and take that money and get a healthy snake. Not one that is going to die in a few more days. He owes it to because of what he said in his advertisement. It sucks I know. What is he going to do with it? I don't know but thats what happens when you breed snakes. Thinks can go wrong. Thats why I would keep that money aside for 30 days until everything is settled and everyone is happy. I spend a lot of money on snakes and this just looks bad for Rob. Most people I give repeat business too. He should take it back, figure it out, and they write on here that it is not my fault. This is just making us both look bad.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #53
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
I get the Flag of Buyers remorse now with this post. Spider x Spider is a Myth and causes no issues beyond the normal spider wobble. So dont even bring that as an excuse to why you want your money back or fall back to why the snake is the way it is.

This post of your speaks VOLUMES now and picture gets clearer...
What are you taking about. The snake is dyeing. Yes that is buyers remorse when your expecting to get a healthy animal and it's going to die yea that is buyers remorse. I don't know what exactly is wrong no body does. Like I have said over and over it is either very bad head wobble or IBD.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #54
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
What are you taking about. The snake is dyeing. Yes that is buyers remorse when your expecting to get a healthy animal and it's going to die yea that is buyers remorse. I don't know what exactly is wrong no body does. Like I have said over and over it is either very bad head wobble or IBD.
And I will say it once more

IT'S NOT IBD Snake would of died by now as pythons with IBD die within days to week of having it.

And his Collection would be expressing the same situation as well which im sure it isn't.

All i see is a snake that is still stressed and got overheated in your care!

Old 12-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #55
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahrens View Post
Well, I hate to say it, but I think a refund/credit/whatever your terms are, is in order as well as some modification to the wording of your guarantee. You guarantee'd the health of the animal for 30 days. It's no longer healthy within that time frame and the buyer is not satisfied. You set yourself up for this with the guarantee you offer. Even though I don't think you did anything wrong and I think the buyer likely caused the issues, you guarantee'd, in writing, health and satisfaction for 30 days.
As much as it hurts and as unfair as it seems, I have to agree with this analysis.

Quote:
. He owes it to because of what he said in his advertisement... He should take it back, figure it out, and they write on here that it is not my fault.
You should take it to the vet as agreed. It may in fact be your fault. You need to have a few facts before you have conclusions.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #56
cahrens
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
I dont see him being responsible for it when been in his care for 2 weeks and ATE.

If the snake got over heated it was in his care after receiving it, otherwise he would of noticed this behavior right after opening the box and the nights to come.
I agree with you 100%, but it doesn't matter what our opinion is. You have to stick to your terms. There's nothing assumed in a guarantee, it's written. This exact situation is why a "live arrival" guarantee is common. You just can't control what the buyer does.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #57
aeterrabyte
I am completely open to transparency and I will have the vet write something and post it here. I am not going to bias the vets thinking besides telling them about wobble. She is going to need blood work to rule out IBD and she is very small I don't even know if that is possible.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #58
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahrens View Post
I agree with you 100%, but it doesn't matter what our opinion is. You have to stick to your terms. There's nothing assumed in a guarantee, it's written. This exact situation is why a "live arrival" guarantee is common. You just can't control what the buyer does.
Which is why 30 day guarantees are insane, Most only do live arrival with sex and healthy for 1-3 days. After that ANYTHING can happen in the customers hands.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #59
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
I am completely open to transparency and I will have the vet write something and post it here. I am not going to bias the vets thinking besides telling them about wobble. She is going to need blood work to rule out IBD and she is very small I don't even know if that is possible.
Its not possible on a living specimen, must be dead to find out!

Old 12-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #60
laterob
I look forward to speaking with the vet. If a précis ring condition is found, I will gladly refund you money, Thomas. I have already offered to pay for the visit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dorn.thomas@gmail.com, snakeg, thomas dorn, thomas dorn reptiles