Info Thomas Dorn - aeterrabyte - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #61
aeterrabyte
You can speak to them. It's westgate bird hospital in austin. You can find there number and call them I am bringing her in at 4:20 tomorrow.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #62
laterob
Preexisting. Stupid phone.

I think guarantee was nullified when buyer decided to tube-feed a snake that ate on its own the day before, all without informing me. I look forward to the vet report.

In the meantime, Thomas, could you throw up a picture of her neck?

Old 12-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #63
aeterrabyte
I am working on a second video give me a second

Old 12-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #64
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
I did soak her as well for sometime. It was no more stressful then opening her mouth. I just used a small piece of tubing to get some water into her mouth.
I still do not understand why you would ever do that. It's not needed, especially for a snake that is feeding in it's own. Mist, soak, add damp moss, don't tube it water. Also, you just put water in her mouth? where in her mouth? did you watch what tube it went into? this can cause issues if it goes in the glottis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
. She is also not accepting food anymore.
but hadn't she just taken a meal the day before?

Plus you say you did soak, was this saturday or sunday? It's best to let a snake relax and digest at least 48 hrs after feeding.

And about the heat packs - if it was a standard 40 hr heat pack, they way they work in insulated boxes is raising the temps approx 10 degrees per heat pack warmer than ambient temps. (if I remember, this is mentioned in one of the SYR vids and it's what I've learned working in the packaging industry)

I am interested to hear what the vet says. Poor snake, I hope she is okay.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #65
aeterrabyte
https://www.dropbox.com/s/js3w946znx...ithsetup.m4v?m

When i say "normal" i mean neck looks normal. She is going into shed right now. also seems to not be as bad as the first video.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #66
aeterrabyte
Has anyone watched it yet?

Old 12-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #67
aeterrabyte
https://www.dropbox.com/s/js3w946znx...ewithsetup.m4v

Old 12-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #68
Charlotte&Loki
Poor baby. She does look better but definitely still off.

If her tub Is on the floor how do you keep the temps up?

Old 12-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #69
aeterrabyte
Thats just for the video. Im still afraid of IBD but if she is doing better then it couldn't be that. Yea it totally sucks. I was enjoying her a lot. If she eats and drinks and lives I don't mind keeping her. I am still not really happy with her

Old 12-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #70
RichsBallPythons
IBD is scary, but your not dealing with that at all! Something within your care came in contact whether its chemical or heat to the snake and caused this. It wasnt due to the shipping and snake being 100+F upon arrival. The snake would of showed signs of overheat the second you pulled him out!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dorn.thomas@gmail.com, snakeg, thomas dorn, thomas dorn reptiles