Inquiry MJC Serpents... - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #81
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfxtayyy View Post
I would not hesitate to buy an animal from Mindy's collection, nor would I hesitate to buy an animal from her workplace. Mistakes happen, with all of us, especially when we're starting out. As an experienced Veterinary Technician specializing in reptiles and exotics, I do not see any major red flags in this situation. If her animals were ill, they would be displaying far more symptoms, and most would be dead by now. Have I ever done a transaction with MJC? No, I haven't. But like I said before, I would not hesitate.
Let me see if I have the timeline correct.

I was just reading a quote from Mindy that stated all of her animals with the exception of one came from the same source. The same source of the one that is deceased. Her first reptile that died was purchased a year ago. That means the rest of her collection has to have been purchased within a year. That would be within the year not a year ago.

That would include the boas. Again, she states all her snakes came from the same source. Boas are long term asymptomatic carriers that most certainly don't need to be showing signs of IBD.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #82
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Let me see if I have the timeline correct.

I was just reading a quote from Mindy that stated all of her animals with the exception of one came from the same source. The same source of the one that is deceased. Her first reptile that died was purchased a year ago. That means the rest of her collection has to have been purchased within a year. That would be within the year not a year ago.

That would include the boas. Again, she states all her snakes came from the same source. Boas are long term asymptomatic carriers that most certainly don't need to be showing signs of IBD.
*Can be.

Assuming that she is correct and the person she purchased from had most of their collection wiped out, I would be reluctant to state anything close to no red flags. Stating the animals would be dead by now is simply not true.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #83
mjcballpythons
Once again, I misued the word viral. I meant its not airborne. And i said a million and one times that i know how contagious it is. Idk where you people missed that. I was explaining that it is easily carried by clothing, mites, feeding tongs, etc. Stop putting words in my mouth.

No i did not say all but one snake came from the same person. I said the MAJORITY of my snakes came from one person. That person would be Paul Prunier. I got 4 snakes from a man named Sal Altieri. I got my Calico from Brett Bloom. I got a number if snakes recently from Jason stoudt. I got a snake from Dave Dunn. I got my Pastel boy from a local girl named Courtney.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #84
mjcballpythons
I also have one Boa. Who was born here in May.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #85
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcballpythons View Post
No i did not say all but one snake came from the same person. I said the MAJORITY of my snakes came from one person.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #86
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
Mindy is 18. I don't know why she's using those terms with regard to the store. Perhaps she thinks it will make people take her more seriously? Honestly, though, what's the big deal about that? She impressed the store owner and he offered to bring her into his shop to develop the reptile section. She gets paid a percentage when an animal from the "MJC Serpents section" is sold. It's a nice opportunity for her. She enjoys it and they enjoy having her.
Mindy's experience and husbandry practices with reptiles aside, it is a huge freaking deal when one claims to be a business partner, which implies ownership and responsibility, when one is either working as an employee of a business taking a commission of sales, or acting as a reseller/distributor for another business. The buyer needs to know who has ownership, care, custody, and control of the animal being offered for sale, and who is ultimately on the hook to make things right if there is a problem. From what I've seen in her ads there's nothing to differentiate between sales of her personal collection versus the those at the shop where she works.

Or to put it another way, suppose there's a company out there named "Craptastic Reptiles R Us" which is on my "never ever buy from or sell an animal to them because their reputation sucks moldy ball python eggs". Let's also say that someone works there as an employee, and advertises their animals under his own clean name, and purchases his employer's stock to flip. As a buyer, if I see the employee's ad, purchase from him, and it gets shipped to my door, the excrement will hit the fan when I ultimately find out the source of that animal - and word will get out, the reptile world is very, very small.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #87
RichsBallPythons
Is it just me or does anyone else want to see a 2 MONTH OLD NEONATE eat a small rat. Considering small rats are 50-80g and Neonates are barely over 80g at 100g at 2 months....

Show me some of this sorcery

Old 10-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #88
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcballpythons View Post
No i did not say all but one snake came from the same person. I said the MAJORITY of my snakes came from one person.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:49 AM   #89
mjcballpythons
Dennis. What date was that posted? Cuz I got all the same snakes fromPaul up until I got my Cinny from Sal. I had like 7 snakes at that time. Read dates before you keep spreading lies.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #90
mjcballpythons
i know what date that was. It was August of last year. Because that thread on IG is when I had Big Sally in the same picture with Jeffrey. I got Jeffrey at the end of August 2013. A few weeks after I got Big Sally from the same person Jeffrey was from. I had JUST gotten the cinnamon a few days before that from Sal. And he was in a completely different room than the rest of the snakes from paul.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!