Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-16-2006, 02:24 PM   #41
KelliH
Chris, I absolutely hope you get better soon, and I am really sorry to hear you are ill, I was not sure what had happened. My thoughts are with you. So who exactly is the owner of Top Shelf Exotics now?

Old 04-16-2006, 03:20 PM   #42
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
This is a valuable post. I think people may buy from Top Shelf based on reputation, if Chris is no longer part of the transaction, the reputation of Top Shelf will change based on the service of the people who now run it. So actually, this thread may establish what to expect from those who now actually do the transactions.

Business aside I think I speak for everyone in wishing Chris a safe a speedy recovery to his illness.
Lucille,

People have bought from Top Shelf based on a reputation established by Chris through his business transactions and his involvement here. Its sad to see that the guys there don't appear to be carrying on in his absence the way he may have expected would happen. He has either been too sick or too far removed to set things straight. Chris has always been a good guy and its sad to hear that he is not doing well. I was not aware (as probably most weren't) that his illness was as serious as he has stressed it to be. That said, the people who he has entrusted with HIS business need to step up and deliver. Weather is NO excuse at this time of year. Chris, I hope you get well soon man! I also hope that his business' reputation doesn't take a beating due to the failures of those currently in charge and running the day to day.

J

Old 04-16-2006, 03:43 PM   #43
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
. I can certainly understand why you may be encountering problems corresponding, if I had received any emails from you similar in attitude to what you have posted here I would not be "jumping" to reply either. Try losing the attitidue perhaps, you catch more flies with honesy or something like that... =].
Okay, well my opinion has changed. I know I'm only one person, but that is way off base from a business perspective. People have a right to get upset when there is NO communication, when they try to initiate communication, but get no or poor responses, the honey will eventually get rotten. I could understand if someone sent a profanity laced, screaming mad e-mail 2 days after submitting payment, but I don't think that is the case here. I think you have the attitude and perspective backwards in this case. I can understand that what those people are doing (to your business?) may be out of your hands, but for you to basically condone their poor or no communication, because the person who bought, but hasn't received something, may be losing a bit of patience, is wrong.
I also think that if you are that far removed from the business that it is good you posted here, saying so, as a lot of people have probably purchased from TSE, on your rep, and now people may have a change of opinion, seeing how the "people in charge" are handling things.

Old 04-16-2006, 04:16 PM   #44
Whitewater Reptiles
Chris,
Sorry to hear of your illness and I really hope it's something you can beat. I purchased from Chris during the winter of 2004 (0.4 Het. Albino's) and I too had to wait for better weather, but when the weather was good he shipped and the animals arrived in excellent condition. I would without hesitation purchase from Chris again but if he's no longer in charge and taking care of business then I may go elsewhere. Chris worked hard to establish a good reputation, building it one customer at a time. But if he's no longer involved and the new people think they have a free ride based on what Chris has created, they better enjoy it while it lasts. Or possibly with Chris out of the mix and some new people taking care of business, this could be what we call growing pains or a learning curve, either way I hope they get it worked out. And if Chris is truly out, then I guess they are hurting TSE.
Good luck, Mike Derks

Old 04-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #45
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
That said, the people who he has entrusted with HIS business need to step up and deliver. Weather is NO excuse at this time of year.

J
This is my point. I think we need to be kind to Chris and wish him well; he may have been too ill to post that he was no longer in charge of the transactions in his business. In any case, someone who is bedridden 20 hours a day should not be antagonized or put on the spot, he needs his strength to recover, let's not kick a man when he's down.

I think TSE needs to be treated like a new company and establish its own new reputation, IMHO. If shipments are late and service is not what you expect, then I would, were it my deal, find alternatives until the new management hopefully gets it together.

Old 04-16-2006, 04:29 PM   #46
jglass38
Quote:
This is my point. I think we need to be kind to Chris and wish him well; he may have been too ill to post that he was no longer in charge of the transactions in his business. In any case, someone who is bedridden 20 hours a day should not be antagonized or put on the spot, he needs his strength to recover, let's not kick a man when he's down.

I think TSE needs to be treated like a new company and establish its own new reputation, IMHO. If shipments are late and service is not what you expect, then I would, were it my deal, find alternatives until the new management hopefully gets it together.
Wait a sec. I understand that Chris is ill and had he suspended business transactions during his absence, then this thread wouldn't exist. Since he decided to allow business to continue and put his faith in his employees, this topic is definitely open for discussion and debate. Either he (and I understand he is not feeling well) or those he put in charge should answer this thread and address the claims at hand. I don't think asking that is kicking him while he is down.

Old 04-16-2006, 04:38 PM   #47
shrap
I know someone who has been waiting since November to get their animal shipped and is still waiting. They said they will finally ship this Tuesday, if not she will be coming here as well with her.

I feel I need to mention this because I highly recommended Chris at TSE to her and told her she had nothing to worry about when dealing with Chris. I did not realize at the time, in fact not until today, that Chris was seriously ill and not running the business otherwise I would not have sent her to TSE.

Old 04-16-2006, 04:40 PM   #48
shrap
Edit: They said they will finally ship this Tuesday, if not she will be coming here as well with her complaint.

Forgot the word "complaint" at the end of that sentence in the original post.

Old 04-16-2006, 04:40 PM   #49
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
Wait a sec. I understand that Chris is ill and had he suspended business transactions during his absence, then this thread wouldn't exist. Since he decided to allow business to continue and put his faith in his employees, this topic is definitely open for discussion and debate. Either he (and I understand he is not feeling well) or those he put in charge should answer this thread and address the claims at hand. I don't think asking that is kicking him while he is down.
I think he is out of the picture, he as much as said so. I do not know whether those running the biz now are employees, partners, or new owners and of course it would be good to know that.
We cannot demand that he answer our questions, he's sick.
He (and we) cannot demand the presence of his existing management either, it's not like we can subpoena them or anything. Should they address these issues? Undoubtedly. Whether they will or not is not up to us, or to Chris. My only point is that he be left in peace to recover the best he can; I certainly do not want to close off discussion of this matter at all since there are plainly people who are not getting their critters shipped to them..

Old 04-16-2006, 04:43 PM   #50
jglass38
Quote:
I think he is out of the picture, he as much as said so. I do not know whether those running the biz now are employees, partners, or new owners and of course it would be good to know that.
We cannot demand that he answer our questions, he's sick.
He (and we) cannot demand the presence of his existing management either, it's not like we can subpoena them or anything. Should they address these issues? Undoubtedly. Whether they will or not is not up to us, or to Chris. My only point is that he be left in peace to recover the best he can; I certainly do not want to close off discussion of this matter at all since there are plainly people who are not getting their critters shipped to them..
I agree. I think we can both agree that if someone does not answer the questions, than he is effectively doing permanent harm to his business. Its not up to me to make him answer for this or ask someone else to but people who feel wronged deserve some sort of response.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!