Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-17-2006, 09:44 AM   #81
varnyard
Well, what will be the next excuse? Maybe, It is way to hot to ship now. All these customers will need to wait until fall, when the temperatures get cooler. It is almost summer now.

Another thing. Some people here are still saying that these are employees of Chris's. This is not so, they are the new owners/partners. Chris stated earlier, any complaints should be directed to these new guys. He has nothing to do with it, and has not for months. I might add, no one seems to know who they are. IMHO, This is very poor business practice at best.

Old 04-17-2006, 09:59 AM   #82
KNOBTAIL
That does not

absolve Chris of any liability. Thats allot of nonsense. If he was the owner, and he no longer is affiliated with Top Shelf, then he should have dissolved the business, or get some proof of change of ownership showing when this actually occurred. Its very convenient and self serving to say that he is no longer involved. Regardless of the fact that he may be ill or incapacitated from working. Their are legal responsibilites that Chris may be obligated in dealing with.

If people sent money in advance , in good faith without knowing that Chris , (who was the motivating force of the business) is no longer part of that business, then theirs a real problem here. Secondly, until Chris is capable of showing some legal proof that he is no longer involved in the day to day running of that operation, I would certainly include his name on my summons.

I can clearly see that this business is not a corp. but a company where each participant may be legally responsible personally. So Chris nor any of the other participants are immune from litigation.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:32 AM   #83
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Another thing. Some people here are still saying that these are employees of Chris's. This is not so, they are the new owners/partners. Chris stated earlier, any complaints should be directed to these new guys. He has nothing to do with it, and has not for months. I might add, no one seems to know who they are. IMHO, This is very poor business practice at best.
As one that mentioned employees, I will state that much of my post reflected on issues past...as in late 04-late 05 - And they were employees, as far as I know/knew Yes, Chris stated that he removed himself from operations in late October, and he will not be considering returning to operations until there is improvement in his health - that leads me to think the avenue for his return is there. I also believe that I have read those names in the past, and that one of them was one of the people I dealt with - which means they are not new; though they may, or may not, be in more responsible positions. New owners? I doubt it, since Chris mentioned returning. Partners? Possibly. Business managers. Again, possibly...but this is conjecture. I doubt they will come here to sort it out. And Chris has stated that it isn't his concern...and I pretty much agree that he shouldn't get stressed about it - his focus is elsewhere.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:38 AM   #84
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Chris has stated that it isn't his concern...and I pretty much agree that he shouldn't get stressed about it - his focus is elsewhere.
I guess I made the big ASSumption that Chris OFFICIALLY removed himself from operations...but depending on the organization of the business, you are right, Jerry, he may still have legal responsibility.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:47 AM   #85
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
As one that mentioned employees, I will state that much of my post reflected on issues past...as in late 04-late 05 - And they were employees, as far as I know/knew Yes, Chris stated that he removed himself from operations in late October, and he will not be considering returning to operations until there is improvement in his health - that leads me to think the avenue for his return is there. I also believe that I have read those names in the past, and that one of them was one of the people I dealt with - which means they are not new; though they may, or may not, be in more responsible positions. New owners? I doubt it, since Chris mentioned returning. Partners? Possibly. Business managers. Again, possibly...but this is conjecture. I doubt they will come here to sort it out. And Chris has stated that it isn't his concern...and I pretty much agree that he shouldn't get stressed about it - his focus is elsewhere.
May be you are right. But with comments like:

Quote:
Chris@TSE: I have absolutely no place in this matter any longer and have not for quite some time.
Sure looks like bad business to me. Chris knowing that someone else is now running TSE, but failed to share this infomation until after the funds were in his pocket.

Quote:
Chris@TSE: Simply put I am more concerned with becoming well than to listen to people blame me for transactions I had no part in.
Does that include collecting funds?

Quote:
Chris: Lets make this very simple for you, you probably know more about what is going on than I do. I currently spend between 18 and 20 hours a day in bed. I rarely am up to checking correspondence, and my reputation at this poitn is of little concern as I am uncertain if I will even be returning at this point. If you have a problem with your transaction I suggest you take it up with Patrick and Glenn whom you have been dealing with all along.
That sounds like Patrick and Glenn (That no one Knows) is now over TSE. Don't it? Harald, to me it sounds like there is a good chance he will not be returning to TSE.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:00 PM   #86
Bill & Amy
This comes directly from the TSE TOS.

We process and ship all orders, after payment in full is received, within one to three business days unless specified.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:02 PM   #87
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
This comes directly from the TSE TOS.

We process and ship all orders, after payment in full is received, within one to three business days unless specified.
It really is sad to see someone who had such a good rep go down in flames. Again, I am so sorry that Chris is sick but there needed to be some contingency plans and apparently the two guys running things are not stepping up.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:03 PM   #88
Bill & Amy
I also looked through the website and can find no names of owners/partners/employees anywhere to be found. There ia a couple of email addresses and a phone number. Has anyone called this number? 1-877-REPT-1-LE

Old 04-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #89
jglass38
I did a NY corporation search for Top Shelf Exotics and found nothing. The Who Is is private with just the 877 # and buffalo NY shown. No names.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:14 PM   #90
liquidleaf
Top Shelf may not be incorporated. He may be running it as a proprietorship, a Doing-Business-As, or partnership, and that may not turn up on a corporation search.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!