Intense Herpetoculture - Any feedback? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #41
Intense Herpetoculture
no, no, I don't want to tell you much, I want to hear your BS about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
justyn, all it is, is excuses with you and honestly i do not want to waste my time hearing an earfull of BS

Old 05-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #42
Phobos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Herpetoculture
Too god to be true, what Atheris? The same species that was common as all heck a few years back? The only problem people have with getting them is getting them on the airline, most airlines in those countries will not ship venomous anymore. I have a supplier in the DRC that supplied me last year with animals from there (non venomous) and we found an airline that said yes to shipping venomous snakes.

As for the bite, read again, the only reason they are considered "the most dangerious" it because they are common and bitey. They do not pose a huge health risk to over 50% of bites. I monitored the bite and would have gone ot the hospital if needed. I did not feel like going through all the crap unless I needed too.

Tell me, if they are imaginary, where did those pics come from? Are those Atheris? Just how many black Atheris are in the USA, where would I get those snakes? Blacks are VERY rare because they are ONLY found in the CONGO.
Since this is the first interaction we've had, I'll go easy on you.

I know several exporters in Africa. No one ever complains that they can't find a plane to put the outbound cargo on. A matter of fact they are itching to ship as fast as possible so they can get paid.

I think you need to refer to an LD50 chart and the WHO snakebite report Authored by Dr. David Worrell, who has single handedly treated more Echis envemomings than any other Doc on the planet, most of them in field with only A/V and the 20 min coagulation test. Since Echis is one of my favorites in my collection he & I had a nice conversation about them at the 2005 Snakebite symosium in Omaha.

As a photographer I've had enough of my pictures "borrowed" by other people for use in an ad to sell snakes they did not have in their possession. That's one place they could have come from to answer your question since you brought it up.

I have more important issues to take care of than have a pissing match with someone who seems to be a fraud, and clearly has no clue of the dangers of keeping very hot species.

Al Coritz

Old 05-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #43
Intense Herpetoculture
Maybe you forgot our telephone convseration? As for 30 articles 30 mins, every read the abstract? Maybe you don't read journals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk2
30 articles in 30 minutes is an informed choice??? I'm sorry, I said I wasn't going to say anything else about the bite but you keep making really rediculous statements regarding it.

You don't have to tell me squams are variable (and by the way you didn't mention that in any of the emails, I just looked) I know they are, it's kind of the reason they are called "Variable Bush Vipers" However that is barely black, you said you sent a picture of a slate black one, it obviously is not.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #44
Intense Herpetoculture
No, they don't complain until they try to ship them out. Do you import?

I know the clues of keeping hot snakes, I'm porud to say that before this I have never been bitten by an exotic species.

As for the photos, just try to find that I borrowed them. Any takers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos
Since this is the first interaction we've had, I'll go easy on you.

I know several exporters in Africa. No one ever complains that they can't find a plane to put the outbound cargo on. A matter of fact they are itching to ship as fast as possible so they can get paid.

I think you need to refer to an LD50 chart and the WHO snakebite report Authored by Dr. David Worrell, who has single handedly treated more Echis envemomings than any other Doc on the planet, most of them in field with only A/V and the 20 min coagulation test. Since Echis is one of my favorites in my collection he & I had a nice conversation about them at the 2005 Snakebite symosium in Omaha.

As a photographer I've had enough of my pictures "borrowed" by other people for use in an ad to sell snakes they did not have in their possession. That's one place they could have come from to answer your question since you brought it up.

I have more important issues to take care of than have a pissing match with someone who seems to be a fraud, and clearly has no clue of the dangers of keeping very hot species.

Al Coritz

Old 05-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #45
Intense Herpetoculture
I've said enough on this forum, if anyone wants more info e-mail or call me.
Regards
Justyn

Old 05-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #46
erk2
Quote:
Maybe you forgot our telephone convseration? As for 30 articles 30 mins, every read the abstract? Maybe you don't read journals?
So reading an average of an article a minute gave you the information you needed to make an educated decision?

This is just rediculous, send me my money back and why don't you post some real pics of the stuff you said you brought in to save your name, you said you've shipped stuff to other people....like who??

Old 05-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #47
erk2
Quote:
I've said enough on this forum, if anyone wants more info e-mail or call me.
Regards
Justyn
The whole reason for this forum is to keep things public until they are resolved so that others can be informed about potential scams, now you want to make everything private again before you've posted any proof of anything.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #48
critical bill
Justyn...this is just a suggestion. If you are very backed up on orders perhaps the best thing for you to be doing at the moment is getting that stuff ready to ship out. I mean instead of answering questions about whats causing your delays, why not just address them in the best way possible and get the shipments out. If its simply a lack of funds at the moment thats causing this delay why don't you spend a bit more time and effort in trying to market what you currently have available to get the funds up needed to complete these outstanding orders. Excuses -vs- Effort. 99% of the time people will respect the effort.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #49
erk2
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Justyn...this is just a suggestion. If you are very backed up on orders perhaps the best thing for you to be doing at the moment is getting that stuff ready to ship out. I mean instead of answering questions about whats causing your delays, why not just address them in the best way possible and get the shipments out. If its simply a lack of funds at the moment thats causing this delay why don't you spend a bit more time and effort in trying to market what you currently have available to get the funds up needed to complete these outstanding orders. Excuses -vs- Effort. 99% of the time people will respect the effort.
I think he just got in way over his head and now is strugling to dig himself out of the hole. I have yet to hear of one person recieving a snake from this shipment from him.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:12 PM   #50
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by erk2
I think he just got in way over his head and now is strugling to dig himself out of the hole. I have yet to hear of one person recieving a snake from this shipment from him.
He may have some very valid reasons to whats causing the delay. However they are coming across to most he owes as excuses. Everyone so far that he owes seems pretty understanding to a point.

I don't know if anyone he owes would be open to the suggestion, but if the problem that is holding up the orders is simply the shipping charge which it seems he cannot afford right now. How about paying an additional shipping charge so that he can get the order out and simply request a refund of the additional shipping charge at later time? I'm not sure what the shipping charges are for each order but certainly the value of the animals has to be far greater.

I'm just thinking of a happy ending to everyone who is owed something. Maybe Justyn could work something out like sending additional animals in the box equivlent to the value of the additional shipping to be paid by the customer. Maybe something a little extra for the effort.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!