male not breeding? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
bandit42
male not breeding?

i have a male leo that is about 60 grams. He is healthy and about 9 months old. i have put him with 3 different females and he has not even attempted to breed with them. Is this ok? let me know what you think?

Old 07-03-2007, 01:09 AM   #2
leopardgeckosunlimit
That is o.k. Don't worry. So far I've never had any problems w/ a male not mating. You can eiether leave him in w/ the females to live for now or can place him back in w/ them in 2-4 weeks from now just try again. Let us hear any updates. Maybe he mated w/ them quickly and you didn't realize it? They sometimes are quite about it. How old are your females? He sound mate within month I think. Look and make sure he's a male too. Did he even shake his tail at the females when introduced? If he doesn't shake his tail I think maybe wrong sex?

Old 07-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
bandit42
No he didnt shake is tail and didnt even look interested. Im 100% he is a male and my female is about a year and 60 grams.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
Stephies_Leos
Are you sure the female is gravid?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!