Vitamin powder problem - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-15-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
LeopardspotLady
Question Vitamin powder problem

So ever since the winter when my leopards stopped eating for a while - they've been picky and not wanting to eat the mealworms when they have any type of powder on them - picky little buggers - so my stupid self has stopped dusting them

The do like to lick out of the pure calcium dish though, so I was wondering. . .

Would it be ok if I mixed some (small amount) vitamin powder with the calcium and offered it every other day (not on the worms), and do the same with the D3 - but only 1X a week - the plain calcium would be offered on the other days.

Would that be alright? - I dont want my little guy(and girls) to get mal-nutritioned - not that the male has a problem - fat little guy, but one of the females seems to be a tad thin - she's getting better now that I'm hand feeding her

Any help is greatly appreciated,

~Charlotte

Old 07-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
bandit42
i have always heard of people keeping calcium and vitamins in the same dish year round. I know a lot of people who do it like that and they all have fat lil geckos. Hope this helps?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Definitely no problems with leaving a dish of calcium & vitamins mixed up in there for him. They know what they need most of the time, so, they can instinctively go up & get what they need, even if they are not eating a meal at that moment. Then you don't have to worry so much about dusting the feeders.

Tracie

Old 07-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
LeopardspotLady
Oh good,

Thanks you guys - I just didn't want to O.D. them on the vitamin powder, that's a relief

Thank you for all your help

~Charlotte

Old 07-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #5
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

No problem. If he is eating it out of the dish, then, no need to dust the feeders. :-))

Tracie

Old 08-01-2007, 03:00 AM   #6
aimee_s
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought mixing the Multivitamin powder with the Calcium powder will cancel out the effects of both? I forgot the chemistry behind it, but I recall reading that the mixture causes a significant weakening of the vitamins and calcium...?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!