For Sale 3ft Male green iguana needs home - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:40 AM   #11
Iguanagirl8662
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
So by setting it free it would be more humane if it died being electrocuted on a utility pole, or falling to its death through a cold snap when temps fall low enough and long enough, or at the hands of a home owner who cares more about her plants adding curb appeal than ending up as food for a feral iguana, or etc etc etc...? Death is death, slow or otherwise.

Your heart is in the right place, I truly admire what you're doing, but you cant save everything. Do one rescue at a time and don't do another until that one has been rehabilitated and re-homed and you'll really see the difference you're making. For sure you wont feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders.

Please understand that I totally respect what you are doing.

Don't forget the people who in Florida who are collecting Igs and euthanizing them by sticking them in their freezers.

I'm not saying this to be mean or offend you and I agree your heart is in the right place but please don't release anymore captive animals whether they are native or not but especially nonnative species. Florida is having enough problems with irresponsible people releasing non native animals you don't want to add to the problem. As I'm sure your aware of it can cause a lot of damage to the environment, other animals and could also end up being more cruel to the animal if one of the many things mentioned above occur.

I wish you luck in finding him a good home.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #12
Gina Gauvin
Arrow Rescues

I think everyone posting's heart is in the right place, but let's not deter the next person from asking for help. Sometimes emails can come out looking more harsh than intended.
I'm not sure you've read it, but Melissa Kaplan has a great site on just about everything. I'm including a link I got off her site but if you can't get to it, then google her name. Here's the link and good luck!

http://www.anapsid.org/societies/index.html

Old 11-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #13
drdouglas2425
Hey I live in south florida and I am trying to find an iguana to add to my family. I am an experienced pet and reptile owner and I would like to adopt your iguana. I can pick it up from you. I can be reached at drdouglas@aol.com Thanks

Old 11-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #14
drdouglas2425
btw I would walk him regularly around my backyard and I always have mangos as a treat for my pets in the fridge!

Old 11-04-2009, 05:56 PM   #15
drdouglas2425
does it bite or does it whip with its tail?

Old 11-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #16
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisevil View Post
the other 2 I found homes for but I had to stay with this male since he is not tamed he has been harder to find a home for but I cannot keep him. plz helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdouglas2425 View Post
does it bite or does it whip with its tail?
I'd say the probability is pretty good.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread