ADULT MALE RHINO IGUANA - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #11
kkrause50
Thanks for coming to my defense. Here is the link for anybody that does not know where Metro Detroit might be : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Detroit

Anyone want to make an offer on this fine lizard?
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-27-2009, 01:47 AM   #12
reticaboa
Reputable, Factual information

In order to alleviate the doubt of the current nature of the law I previously mentioned and reassure that laws do use words such as "serpents" still, I contacted the Michigan Humane Society to verify my information. I recieved a response email which is posted here now:

"Dear Keith,

Thank you for writing the Michigan Humane Society. Unfortunately, not all reptile breeders are as responsible as you - they will sell to anyone without regard for the lifetime care and expense of the animals they sell. This results in many reptiles being surrendered to MHS each year and, as you know, they can be difficult to place in permanent, responsible homes.

While MHS as a nonprofit is not able to track all the individual ordinances across the state, my understanding is indeed that reptiles are banned in the city of Detroit.

Best wishes!

Nancy Gunnigle
Michigan Humane Society
248.283.1000, ext. 104"

It also seems odd that the only person coming to your defense is an individual who joined this forum as a member within a very short time frame (less than 9 hours) before posting on this thread. It is quite questionable that someone needed to join faunaclassifieds, defend you immediately, and have no other posts before or after. With my first message I only attempted to inform you that you were using a public forum to announce animals that you are not allowed to maintain in your city. It was not an attempt at sabotage or unkind interaction, but rather a note of information for you. I apologize that it was taken so harshly by yourself, but I would not make such statements without correct information.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:28 AM   #13
frozenrodents
The problem is not with someone keeping a lizard in violation of some archaic local ordinance it is with the ordinance itself.
There are many communities which do not have a clue on what the herp community is doing in this day and age.
If you are a real herper you would spend your time on trying to change these stupid laws, not in reporting a fellow herper for violation of a law which should not be there in the first place.
I would start by looking in my own back yard before worrying about places hundreds of miles form home.
The Humane Society? Who cares! They have their own agenda and it does NOT include having you or any of your friends keeping and breeding reptiles. Or any exotic animals for that matter.

Geoff Schrock

Old 02-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #14
shiba111
after viewing this animal it is apparent that it is well cared for (legs,tail base,body are perfect and eyes look clear)This is what we look for in a healthy reptile. the scratches on the head are unfortunate, it is something that happens from time to time when you work with large reptiles. This guy seams vary honest to me by posting a real pic of the animal.If you want or work with rhinos this animal looks like a great investment for $350.00

Mike Dettloff

Old 02-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #15
reticaboa
great eye

wow another opinion from a member who joined in the last 24 hours

Old 02-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #16
kkrause50
We all should be honered with your reply in this forum. Thank you Geoff and Mike. Both of you are experts in your field.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #17
ttoes28
I apologize reticaboa I was not aware Fauna had regulations on when persons could sign up and that there was a required number of posts. I learned of Fauna from a friend and happened across this ad as I am looking for a Rhino. I'm not one of those persons whom has a lot of time to be working on the internet, so I do a little at a time. With all my reptiles, other animals, and 3 children, I'm sure you can understand how my time may not allow for such things. So I do not waste my time anylonger, nor yours, Detroit city is not the same as Metro Detroit. In the city of Detroit, there are not owners of cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, etc, however in the Metro area, there are cities which allow animals such as these, as well as horses, kangaroos, and many others. I'm pleased there are local people such as Geoff and Mike that are aware of how things are, and how they should be for our herp family.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:49 AM   #18
Sena Dragontooth
I may not be involved with this, or know anyone dealing in this, but even my observation of that one photo tells me that other than his head, that Rhino is fine, other than truly having a bad reaction to being caged. I have that issue with my newest beardie, because I've been taking she and my male outside for sun. Something tells me that this person feels they need to be right, and had the audacity to call about an animal that is not his responsibility. Kevin seems fairly truthful to me, and I'm all the way in sunny FL. I think EVERYONE needs to step back and stop arguing, and work on getting this beautiful animal into a good home. His owner was trying to do just that before someone had to drag law and policy into the mix.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #19
sreptiles
GET A LIFE!!!

My reply is to repticboa, get a life! seriously! Don't worry about other people's business! This is a classified section for people to sell reptiles, thats all he's trying to do is sell an iguana, You act like your the reptile police!
And detroit has more exotic reptile stores than all the other cities in Michigan combined, And I'm from Detroit and trust me the last law detroit is concerned about is if somebody owns an iguana!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #20
HISSGUY
Speaking of people just joining fauna. ReticaBoa didn't you just join yourself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread