Bad Guy Hooked on Fish and Corals - Parasites - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:11 PM   #11
KNOBTAIL
You seem to fairly knowledgeable in your choices. I dont understand why you even purchased it . Especially knowing it was imported and had visual concerns

. I think you may have a problem credit card wise as well. Where is the body of the chameleon ? Once they contact the seller that a chargeback has been instituted, unless i am mistaken, your filing a claim and you still have the animal in question. Card companies are very reluctant to accept photos. Maybe the vets report can make a difference, but in many cases relating to onsight purchases, there is always a risk. Good luck

Old 01-28-2019, 07:47 PM   #12
IslandLizards
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
You seem to fairly knowledgeable in your choices. I dont understand why you even purchased it . Especially knowing it was imported and had visual concerns

. I think you may have a problem credit card wise as well. Where is the body of the chameleon ? Once they contact the seller that a chargeback has been instituted, unless i am mistaken, your filing a claim and you still have the animal in question. Card companies are very reluctant to accept photos. Maybe the vets report can make a difference, but in many cases relating to onsight purchases, there is always a risk. Good luck
Thanks.

Yeah it was a import I have been looking to get for a while so I asked question after question and took the chance I wasn't being lied to...I was wrong. O well. Should have brought the fecal test kit and microscope, lol.

This is being filed under the goods were delivered but were faulty or not as described.
We still have the specimen so it won't matter if the merchant requests it back in an attempt to pull a fast one.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:42 PM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandLizards View Post
pull a fast one.
I just don't feel like we are at the 'fast one' stage yet.

Seller

Sold an import with parasites, buyer alleges that seller cited a clean test
They were willing to talk to you
They dropped the ball in communicating

Buyer
Bought know critter was an import and did not look well
Says critter progressively ill and looked worse but vet care was delayed for 5 days

It seems to me that if the buyer has said he is willing to take a partial refund, what we need is an offer from the seller. Since it is now here, I think it best that buyer notify seller and both parties can try to come to terms here in the BOI.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:06 PM   #14
IslandLizards
I have already opened a case with my card processor and provided all documentation, i.e. lab results, receipt, images of booth depicting the lack of a refund/return policy, etc.

I informed the seller numerous times I would take a partial refund if we were able to come to an agreement between us. But to to the lack of communication and leading me on for almost two weeks (between all personnel I was in contact with, three in total) I am past that point. I only have a certain amount of time to file a charge back claim under FL statutes and based on how it was going it seemed like it was being delayed purposefully.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:10 AM   #15
LauraB
Sorry to hear yet another helpless import has died due to greed. As a long, long time multiple cham owner and breeder, I find both the seller and buyer not worthy of doing business with. The OP SAW the poor import had physical problems, yet made the purchase. The seller was just looking to dump a poor imported dying animal.

Island Lizards, I have been to both your FB and internet site. You have been in business "since 2018". Where is YOUR refund/return policy?

Hope you get your money back, but hope you will educate yourself on proper reptile care and husbandry before you call yourself a "company". And no, I have never heard of Hooked On Fish & Corals.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:35 AM   #16
AllisonLeigh
The OP took the animal to the vet and is providing the paperwork... that's more than a lot of posters provide. I hope things work out for you OP, sorry you're going through it but I suppose we all learn lessons from these kind of situations, deserved or otherwise.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:04 AM   #17
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandLizards View Post
images of booth depicting the lack of a refund/return policy
In most cases, sellers are not required to have such a policy.
I have heard that in general in the reptile show trade critters at shows do not come with specific health warranties, customers are expected to inspect prior to purchase.
(That does NOT mean it is ethical to sell sick critters, nor does it in any way decrease the value of threads like these identifying problems with a purchase).

Here, from Florida's Uniform Commercial Code:

(b) When the buyer before entering into the contract has examined the goods or the sample or model as fully as he or she desired or has refused to examine the goods, there is no implied warranty with regard to defects which an examination ought in the circumstances to have revealed to him or her; and
(c) An implied warranty can also be excluded or modified by a course of dealing or course of performance or usage of trade.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:13 AM   #18
IslandLizards
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Sorry to hear yet another helpless import has died due to greed. As a long, long time multiple cham owner and breeder, I find both the seller and buyer not worthy of doing business with. The OP SAW the poor import had physical problems, yet made the purchase. The seller was just looking to dump a poor imported dying animal.

Island Lizards, I have been to both your FB and internet site. You have been in business "since 2018". Where is YOUR refund/return policy?

Hope you get your money back, but hope you will educate yourself on proper reptile care and husbandry before you call yourself a "company". And no, I have never heard of Hooked On Fish & Corals.
1. We don't sell online yet so we provide our return policy in person printed to every customer with the applicable care sheets. No online presence until last year when we still and only do local in person transactions.
2. How can you makes assumptions on my knowledge of reptile care and husbandry? Have you seen our care regime? The animal had slightly sunken eyes at time of purchase, nothing else. Now don't go saying that during your time as a long time owner/breeder you have never had a cham with sunken eyes which as you know is [b]likely[b] the cause of dehydration. Dehydration and stress as you may have seen if you read the OP is common at expos because unfortunately that is the way it works with the travel and setup during the weekend for the animals. It's good to know that you only care about your personal $ and want to buy a animal that is in 100% health and care not about any that you may and most likely could nurse back to health yet easily can pass judgement upon others.
3. We have a common agreement as well in that you are the exact person we would refuse service too.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:19 AM   #19
IslandLizards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
In most cases, sellers are not required to have such a policy.
I have heard that in general in the reptile show trade critters at shows do not come with specific health warranties, customers are expected to inspect prior to purchase.
(That does NOT mean it is ethical to sell sick critters, nor does it in any way decrease the value of threads like these identifying problems with a purchase).

Here, from Florida's Uniform Commercial Code:

(b) When the buyer before entering into the contract has examined the goods or the sample or model as fully as he or she desired or has refused to examine the goods, there is no implied warranty with regard to defects which an examination ought in the circumstances to have revealed to him or her; and
(c) An implied warranty can also be excluded or modified by a course of dealing or course of performance or usage of trade.
Very familiar with the USG. The business that brings home the bacon deals with it daily, lol.

What is not explicitly mentioned is goods or services not as described which is the basis of our claim and is (with proper documentation) an easily defendable case.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:21 AM   #20
IslandLizards
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
The OP took the animal to the vet and is providing the paperwork... that's more than a lot of posters provide. I hope things work out for you OP, sorry you're going through it but I suppose we all learn lessons from these kind of situations, deserved or otherwise.
Thanks. I guess I should stop giving people the benefit of doubt they are out and will do the right thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!