Bad Guy Scammer, Rocky Mountain Trout/Chey Bates - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-02-2019, 03:49 PM   #1
Tighe07
Scammer, Rocky Mountain Trout/Chey Bates

So I’ll sent money via venmo on 10/11 for a gargoyle gecko once everything was agreed upon. Gecko was supposed to ship on 10/14 but didn’t. When I asked she told me it would ship the next day then that turned into a multitude of false shipping dates. She said I could have my money back on 10/18 if she couldn’t ship it by then. No gecko. She then told me i was in line because of so many geckos being shipped and could no longer refund my money because she already paid for a shipping label (she told me that after saying I could have my money refunded).

Here we are on 11/2 with zero responses to any of my texts and messages. If this doesn’t trigger a response I suppose I’ll file a complaint for theft wilt her local police just so it’s on the record.

If I need to post any of their responses to my requests for shipping, refund, etc. please let me know. I didn’t want to clog up the board with unnecessary posts.

I understand the boi is shutting down but if this helps others from getting burned and/or helps my case it’s worth a try.

Old 11-02-2019, 04:19 PM   #2
elena
You should go ahead an post the proof, including all messages/emails and proof of your payment. That will really cement your case.

Old 11-02-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
Socratic Monologue
This user used to have a different user name, apparently:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=Chey+Bates

I believe that posting a negative trader rating for the user is a legitimate use of that feature, as well.

Old 11-02-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
elena
Good idea, and that negative rating will be around long after the BOI.

Old 11-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #5
elena
I posted a link to this thread on Chey's ad.

Old 11-02-2019, 04:46 PM   #6
bcr229
RockyMountainTrout hasn't logged in here since 10/12.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=195305

Old 11-02-2019, 05:29 PM   #7
Lucille
Tighe if I might offer a suggestion, Venmo does not offer buyer protection, next transaction perhaps don't use Venmo, use a credit card or some method that does offer help in case things go wrong.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:48 PM   #8
Ed Clark
This seller of geckos has taken money from others and has gotten complaints for not shipping.

This seller has used 3 accounts that I am aware off.

Best thing you can do if you are interested in a gecko from this person is to look some where else or just flush your money down the toilet to avoid the aggravation with this scammer!

Old 11-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #9
IslandLizards
Tighe,

Venmo doesn't offer buyer protection but the bank you tied it to does. File a charge back with your bank and provide all evidence of the agreed upon purchase and the failure to uphold their side of the transaction. As long as you didn't use Venmo funds and your bank is decent there is a strong possibility to get your money back.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:04 AM   #10
Tighe07
Tighe Hovington <tighe07@gmail.com>
10:22 AM (28 minutes ago)
to Tighe

Hello. This is Tighe. I am ready to send you the money for the gecko.

(no subject)
Inbox
x

10:23 AM (28 minutes ago)
to Tighe

Hey there, there is my Venmo info. Let me know when you send it over.

to Tighe

I just sent it. Let me know when you receive

(no subject)
Inbox
x

to Tighe

Okay confirmed, I just received it. I'll need your last name as well, your shipping address, and your email address.

Shipping info was sent

10:24 AM (28 minutes ago)
to Tighe

Okay awesome. Thanks again for your business, I'm glad the little guy is going to a good home. I will have him sent out to you on Monday. I will text you a picture receipt when I drop him off at FedEx. Have a great rest of your week!!

(no subject)
Inbox
x

10:25 AM (28 minutes ago)
to Tighe

You too. Thanks

to Tighe

Hi Tighe, your little guy is shipping out first thing tomorrow morning with the rest of my orders. Thank you for your patience!!

(no subject)
Inbox
x

to Tighe

Np. Thank you

to Tighe

Hello. Is there a tracking number for the shipment?

(no subject)
Inbox
x

to Tighe

What time is the Gecko suppose to arrive?

He hasn't shipped out yet, I will provide you with a tracking and you will get one emailed to you when he is sent out. I have quite a lot of orders to fill.

10:26 AM (29 minutes ago)
to Tighe

Ok

(no subject)
Inbox
x

10:26 AM (29 minutes ago)
to Tighe

Do you think you will be able to send it out today. I am trying to be home when it arrives. I wont be at home at all on Friday.

10:27 AM (29 minutes ago)
to Tighe

Hello. Still waiting for response. If your not able to ship out today could you refund my money please. I would really like the Gecko but again I will not be home on Friday.

I understand that, but I have others customers orders that were before you, it's how it works. I can have him out to you for Monday morning. If you don't want him, I will send you a full refund Friday. You have to understand I'm paying for the shipping as well.

10:28 AM (30 minutes ago)
to Tighe

I understand the whole shipping thing but next week doesn't work for me I'm sorry. I would really appreciate it if you can refund my money this Friday

10:28 AM (30 minutes ago)
to Tighe

Hello. I would like to know when you will be able to refund my money?

The gecko is shipping out on Monday I've already paid for the shipping.

10:29 AM (30 minutes ago)
to Tighe

Hello I did not receive a tracking number yesterday and I was wondering if I should expect the gecko this morning

(no subject)
Inbox
x

10:29 AM (31 minutes ago)
to Tighe

I dont understand why no response on the gecko or a refund of my money

to Tighe

Hi, you promised to ship last Monday the 14th when I paid you for the gecko. Then you strung it out all week, offered a refund but when I asked for the refund you told me (in writing) that you already paid for the shipping label and would ship on 10/21( in writing). You can refund my money today or I'll have to post our correspondence on the BOI since we're not getting anywhere. You agreed to a price, I paid you right away and I've received nothing but excuses. Hopefully you'll do the right thing. Thx.

(no subject)
Inbox
x

to Tighe

Hello. What is your intentions on my refund of sending me the gecko?

Did not receive any responses after they said it was shipping it out on Monday.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!