What's going price for used equipment? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 03-14-2006, 08:29 PM   #1
Racing Fan
What's going price for used equipment?

Hi all,

Wasn't sure quite where to post but a former snake breeder gave me a bunch of 10 and 20 gallon long tanks with screen tops, 250watt dome reflectors and 60watt ceramic heaters.

As a turtle/tortoise keeper, I don't have much use for these items but can sell this locally at the herp society or reptile shows. While the items are all in great shape, I don't think they are worth more than a few bucks a piece.

Anyways, any ideas on what to ask for the tanks, reflectors and heaters? If anyone is near Cleveland, let's make a deal.

Thank you

Old 03-15-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
sschind
20 long tanks with lids should be worth at least 20.00 and the 10 should be worth at least 10.00 The domes and heat emmiters should be worth 10.00-20.00 each as well. I'd probably sell a 20 long with lid, dome and CHE for 30.00 or 35.00. and I'd probably do 20.00 or 25.00 on the 10's I know people are going to point out cheap online prices but most of the time they forget that these items just don't show up on their doorstep, shipping costs are involved.

Another aspect is the condition, I know you said they were in great shape but believe me, great shape to the seller is not always the same as great shape to the rest of the world ( I won't say to the buyer because that will sound like the buyer is just saying they are crap as an excuse for a lower offer) I bought a used tank today that I could have sold as new, and I threw out a few last week that someone had given me because it wasn't worth the effort to try to clean them up just to make maybe 5.00 on them. Both of the original owners said they were in great shape when they first approached me. In the first case I already sold the tank and made 20.00. In the second I was only out the time it took me to help unload them and then to haul them to the dumpster.

good luck selling them

Old 03-15-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
RosterImposter
Id be willing to buy some if you can ship them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!