Todd Seadorf of Palm Beach Exotics..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:45 PM   #1
DavidBeard
Thumbs down Todd Seadorf of Palm Beach Exotics.....

A couple of weeks ago, Todd had advertised on KS that he had a female Borneo Blood python for sale/trade. I was looking for a female Borneo and I had some colubrids I wanted to move, so I contacted him about a possible deal....we agreed to trade the '02 Female Borneo Blood for 1.1 2003 Cal Kings and 1.1 2003 Chinese Beauty Snakes. I shipped first in the deal. He received the snakes on 11/21/03 as scheduled. They arrived in perfect condition. He shipped out the Blood on the following Monday. I had him ship the blood to a close friend of mine's house because I would not be there to receive the package. The blood arrived sometime in the AM on Tuesday. We do not know when the package arrived exactly because he used Airbourne Express, which does not have a sign-for-the-package policy. The delivery man just dropped off the snake....it was in the 30s here in Louisville, KY that day.....

Not a big problem, had the snake been packaged properly. Todd put the SMALL heat pack on the bottom of the box, where it could get no oxygen or release any heat AT ALL. The snake was WITHOUT HEAT for the whole time it was in transit from Palm Beach, FL to Louisville. Well, when my friend opened the package, she called me at work and explained there was a few problems......

1-the snake was ice cold, due to the improper shipping....still alive but COLD.
2-the snake had an obvious injury on its back due to who-knows-what.

Here are some pics of the injury and of the heat pack:

I called and e-mailed Todd and informed him of the situation. Here is what he said in his e-mail (he said pretty much the same thing on the phone):

Tuesday, November 25, 2003 3:39 PM
From: "Todd Seadorf" <tourx3@bellsouth.net> Add to Address Book
To: dcbear01
Subject: RE: Snakes on the way!
David,
First let me apologize.......
As for the delivery, we both need to file a complaint with Airborne
express.
In the past with shipping the 1 heat pack has always been sufficient as
long as the snakes have gotten in out of the cold and not left on the
door step. This was an unforeseen issue on my part.
As for the respiratory problem, and the sore. When I shipped her she was
CLEAN, there were no visible marks on her, that I give you my word. I
can not explain how she got it. When I get any snake whether it be
import or CB I flagel and baytril them all, just to be on the safe side.
I also make sure all are eating at least twice.
If there were ANY problems I would have informed you in advance. This concerns me greatly and I am also VERY upset about this; I don't
like anyone to get shafted.
I hope we can work this out and I can keep your trust. I am in the process of packing to go out of town on vacation for the
Holiday.
Please let me know

Todd and Patrick Seadorf
561-433-8813
Palm Beach Exotics

This was the last time I heard from Todd. I have sent him several e-mails since then and he has not responded to any of them.

To top it all off, because of being exposed to the cold for so long, the Blood has developed a nasty respiratory infection that is being treated now....I am having to pay out of pocket for the vet expenses ($77.40 as of now). He has made no effort to repay me for the vet bills or make any kind of reparation for his mistakes.

I suggest that you do not do business with Todd Seadorf in the future.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:59 PM   #2
DavidBeard
Well.....I just checked my e-mail and there was a reply from Todd. Interesting that he replies as soon as I mention posting about our deal here, isn't it? Here is the e-mail:

Wednesday, December 03, 2003 7:39 PM
From: "Todd Seadorf" <tourx3@bellsouth.net> Add to Address Book
To: dcbear01
Subject: RE: Times a tickin.......
David,
I have not been avoiding you. I have been out of town on vacation for
the holiday and just getting around to checking ALL of my email. 200
plus of them. I got your other message in reference to taking her to the
vet. You stated that your vet has you giving injections. Make sure you
do not give them in the same area, it can cause sores. I only give
Baytril orally. It is a little safer. Did he say about the sore? He have
any ideas. Again make sure you keep the heat at 100 plus. Let me know how Dec 4 goes. I will be out of town from Friday till
Monday, I have to teach a motorcycle safety course on the west coast.
Keep in touch

Todd and Patrick Seadorf
561-433-8813
Palm Beach Exotics

Old 12-03-2003, 08:12 PM   #3
gila7150
Did the wound appear to be fresh when you received it? (kinda hard to tell from the pic).
Have you told him what you expect from him yet? (i.e. your animals back, vet expenses, or some other arrangement).
I'll agree that his shipping practices weren't very good and the snake never should have been shipped if it had an open wound.
So far, he atleast seems pleasant....maybe he'll be willing to try and fix this deal.
By the way, his statement about the Baytril injections is accurate (if that's what your vet prescribed).

Old 12-03-2003, 08:19 PM   #4
DavidBeard
Gila, the wound did not appear to have happened in shipping. It had to have been present before he shippied out the snake, which he denies.

I have asked him to cover the vet bills, and he has refused to do so. He is blaming it on the delivery guy. I don't think he is willing to fix the deal.....if he was, he would have responded to me before today and would have agreed to cover the cost of the vet expenses for treating something that never should have happened.

Old 12-03-2003, 08:48 PM   #5
ldydrgn
I just wanted to state for the record that it was my husband (Donnie Smith aka Morti) and myself that received the Borneo for David. David had called to ask whether or not she had arrived yet, and I told him that there has been no knock.... Donnie asked what carrier, then ran to the door when I told him. He opened the door and said, "I was afraid of that."

She was VERY cold so I had Donnie place her on my bare legs to warm her up while we looked her over. The wound wasn't real fresh, maybe a few days old. Donnie would have to clarify that point. Her breath was a little rattly and she had a small amount of fluid coming from her nostrils when she exhaled. When David came to get her, I instructed him to get her home and get her WARM! He then made a vet appointment for her shortly thereafter.

We are also the ones that are helping him adminster the Baytril injections since she is as strong as a horse and bucks like one! LOL Don't worry, we are experienced in treating sick animals and know all about Baytril. I am actually going to have David bring her here to stay for the rest of her treatment so as to lessen the stress on her. Hopefully we can get a stool sample while she is here so Donnie can check it for parasites. David was also given silver sulfadiazine cream for the wound and it seems to be helping quite a bit.

David, I hope Todd does the right thing and pays for the vet visit. Since he is out of town now, we will just have to wait and see.

Old 12-03-2003, 08:51 PM   #6
DavidBeard
Well, it seems Todd has come to his senses. He has agreed to pay for the vet bills and is going to send me the $ via PayPal.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:00 PM   #7
DavidBeard
Oh, and my vet echoed what Donnie said about the wound not being fresh, as in it happened during shipping, but that it more than likely happened a few days prior to shipping. This means that the animal had this injury and Todd failed to tell me about it. I saw pics of the animal before I agreed to the deal and the injury was not there.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:00 PM   #8
gila7150
Glad to hear it....I hope the snake makes a full recovery for you.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:06 PM   #9
DavidBeard
As do I, Chris. Thanks!

Old 12-03-2003, 10:00 PM   #10
Neil Gubitz
Well.... to be honest.... I don't think the URI was Todd's fault.... because of this statement....

....David had called to ask whether or not she had arrived yet, and I told him that there has been no knock.... Donnie asked what carrier, then ran to the door when I told him. He opened the door and said, "I was afraid of that."....

It seems that either Donnie didn't tell Michelle or "Uncle Morti" what shipper was being used, or Michelle didn't relay that info to Morti in time.... it's obvious that as soon as Morti knew what shipper it was, he went right to the door.... at that point, it was too late....

HOWEVER.... there is NO WAY that wound happened during shipping.... it's already starting to heal over??.... It's very nice of Todd to offer to pay for the Vet's bill, but I really think PART of the Vet's bill should be incurred by David.... for the URI meds.... Am I wrong??

Neil

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!