inquiry: matt of s.d.c.a. and amy truman - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2003, 08:44 PM   #1
dinopolis
inquiry: matt of s.d.c.a. and amy truman

I recently agreed to trade my anerythrisetic boa for a 66% het pied ball python (amy truman stock) with matt of s.d.c.a. all was agreed upon and I was awaiting his shipment for a few days when he wrote me the following email:

Sorry to get back to you so late.Here is the scoop.It's a good thing for you
and I this happened.Yesturday I drove up to Amy Trumans place to pick up
another poss het female she had listed.I don't know if she was rushed or
unprepared for my arrival.So,I go into her place and see the animals she is
keeping,some look great,really nice collection of balls.Then I see the rack
with all of the poss hets in it.OK,I start to check them out and I see a
tick,so I start to check some more of them,ticks.??Two and two together
leads me to the conclusion these are not poss hets,they are imports being
labled as poss hets for a better sale.What bewildered me is that she didn't
even clean them up before showing them(not to say that would make it
better)I don't know if she had been busy with the family and holidays coming
up and spaced it,or what?I asked about the previous poss hets I had
purchased from her(before I let her know I saw the ticks),if they were from
the same group,she said yes.To make a long story short.I told her I would be
back to pick up the poss hets,went home got the animals I had purchased from
her and took them back for a refund.She didn't want to do it and still
insisted(nicely)that they were what she was selling them as.NO WAY!
I am truly sorry for almost selling you a poss het,that wasn't and am happy
I went to go check them out.Who knows how much money I could have spent with
her,or better yet ruined my reputation for listed animals that will all soon
be proven as non hets.Like I said,my apologies,sicerely.I hope we can do
business in the future and that this won't damage any further transactons we
might have.Other then this little slip up,I have a great group of healthy
ball pythons that I spend a ton of time working with and take pride in how
happy they are as captives.
Amy is a nice enough lady,but I think she was in over her head,falling
prices and christmass coming with a family to shop for made her jump.It just
stinks because it just keeps making it harder and harder to have confidence
in this market.Like I said before,My most sincere apologies.
Matt

I agreed to let him back out of the deal...not that I had any option, and we corresponded afterwards and I told him I thought he owed this place a visit (BOI)...here's my emailed response exactly:
wow Matt...those are some serious accusations....I am glad you were honest
enough to back out of the deal if you don't feel confident about the het, as
I have spent alot of time, money and equally effort into rearing up the
anery boa...and to have traded it for a $5.00 animal in reality would be a
serious injustice.
I did some trading a month or so back for some adult 50% het pied bp's and
more recently for some juvinile 50% het pieds and the juviniles from earths
exotics look great ...very healthy and actually attractive hets (high
yellow) they even ate the first night I got them...but the adults which I
acquired from LeeHerps/Serpents Plus are very nippy and unhandleable...one
is very thin and both have refused food to this point. I have taken notice
since that trade that most of what Lee offers are normal looking animals
that are 50% het for something! I have had a very honest and up front
relationship with Keith from earths exotics and we have discussed his pied
project at length and he sent me copies of both his drivers license and a
reciept from his purchase of 100% pieds from Pete Kahl. Lee only provided me
with a signed photo reciept from himself....not a real confidence
booster.....I just don't see where an animal the price of a het pied, even a
50%er wouldn't have been handled and cared for with the upmost attention and
where they would have ended up thin and nippy....so what I am getting at
here is my experience with obtaining 50% hets has in itself been a 50%
chance of getting what I am paying for....and of course who can go back and
call foul when they don't produce what you hoped when they are only chance
hets to begin with.....it is a shame but a reality that there are folks out
there exploiting the system....you too Matt had every chance to take
advantage here and didn't...that is very commendable and I thank you. My
first thought was that you were just looking for an escape...maybe found a
better deal...but I don't think you would have drug somebody else's name
through the mud to do that. I would be happy to attempt another business
transaction w/you in the future and if you ever think you have something I
might be interested in let me know. I think we both owe the BOI a visit.
Take care Matt and have a safe and happy holiday season.
-Dino

he wrote me back asking for some opinions on how he should post here, and I reponded with a few suggestions....he wrote back and said that my suggestions were good and that that is what he would do. And so I have waited for something from him, but nothing....and now I see he has het pieds back up for sale/trade in the BP classifieds @ kingsnake so something is not right here....and I don't know which side to take....so my apologies in advance to the innocent party, but I would like to hear some other input from anybody who is familiar with either or any of the characters here....and hopefully somebody reading here will be spared in the future their wasted money or time or both by not dealing the guilty party. Thanks to all who reply.
-dinopolis

Old 12-11-2003, 09:52 PM   #2
PAUL BOLLINGER
Exclamation Damn!

I think that Amy Truman needs to be made aware of this post to discuss the accusations that have been made against her. If this is in fact true then a Bad Guy/Gal post should be initiated.

Old 12-11-2003, 10:00 PM   #3
dinopolis
I tried to have this post removed...but get no response from the "monitor" (!) the reason being...
Matt's ad that is up now for pieds does not say he has poss. pieds available, only one 100% het and the option of maybe a 'pied breeding project' which I originally took as he had more pieds...but then it dawned on me that perhaps he was just looking to have a conjoined breeding project with someone else perhaps who had a match for his het....I think if I had caught this before I would not have posted this thread...but since the "monitor" is asleep I guess the pieces will just have to fall where they will....additionally I would like to note that I have never asked Leeherps for any exchange or refund.
-dinopolis

Old 12-11-2003, 10:26 PM   #4
ESReptiles
We've met Matt several times and have also puchased from him. He is a very nice person and his animals are all top notch. Every ball we've got from him was parasite free and awesome feeders. Most the adult females I've got from him actually feed better then a lot of the ones I've raised since hatchlings. I wouldn't hesitate buying from him.

Eric Sandoval

Old 12-11-2003, 11:16 PM   #5
Tony Bocanegra
Matt sounds like a stand up guy. With Eric Sandovals stamp of approval and reading Matts e-mail I would not hesitate to buy from Matt. Most of the dirt bags out there would have your nice anery and pass all of the blame onto Amy, when your 66% PH refused to eat for months. Could Amy be selling PH pieds with ticks. Yes. But it says alot when he isn't going to take a risk on a snake thats not even his........Tony Bocanegra

Old 12-13-2003, 03:08 PM   #6
wyblep
Amy Truman

Hi everybody I purchased two of her 50% het balls they were supposed to be 1000+ grams when I recieved them they were about 827 and 843 I called and asked about the weights and she said with the way they were eating they would put the weight on real quick well I put them in a separat rack and did not bother them she shipped them in a regular box with one heat pack when I recieved them they were very cold so I figuured thats why they have not eaten yet she told me they were pounding medium rats well they still have not eaten and I tried everything fresh killed live frozen thawed ect. These things are very nasty they strike as soon as I open the rack well any way I gave them a quick lookover when I recieved them but I wanted to get them warmed up ASAP so I put them in the rack I try not to bother them because I do not want to stress them but when I seen this thread I decided to go check them out and what do you know three ticks on the one and two on the other I have been trying to call her but no luck I sent her an email and waiting for a reply I am starting to believ that the are not what she was selling them as and also they are not even the snakes she sent pics of she told me the ones in the pics are the exact ones I will be getting well I will let you guys know what I find out thanks again Paul

Old 12-13-2003, 05:44 PM   #7
Raaarj2
Now the truth is coming out about amy truman awhile back the same thing happened to me and most of you guys were on her side so now that this is happening to other people you see who she really is i bought a 66% het for caramel albino and it was suppose to be a 100% het albino snakekeeper's line well when i did some research with the snakekeeper's i found out that they the sutherlands never put those two snakes together and i had ONLY 100%het albino well that was after i was gonna resell it and she was making a deal with the guy at the same time amy told the guy that my ball wasn't what she sold to me as

Old 12-13-2003, 09:46 PM   #8
wyblep
amy truman

Hello again Amy just contacted me and said she apoligizes for everything and wants to make it up to me I will let you guys know what happens

Old 12-20-2003, 10:55 AM   #9
wyblep
Amy Truman

Hello everyone well Amy has kept in constant contact with me after recieving my email she called me everyday she more then made it up to me I believe she is good honest person in this industry and would not hesitate to deal with her again thanks again Amy
Paul

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!