Help Me Identify My Leos! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
ClairJ246
Help Me Identify My Leos!

I bought my leos a while back, and I just didnt bother about colors til now. I just was in so much love with them it didnt matter!

The first is my female 2010 leo. I know she is a little skinny.. I think her big male cage mate is getting all the food. She is also in her Juv stage, so she may just not be a fatty.

Frankwena.jpg

Then there is my (shameful) Petsmart purchase. He is my gorgeous male, the lable said he was a Luesistic (spelling?) male. He is a monster hehe I love him!

Monster 2.jpg
Monster.jpg

Just let me know what they are! If you need more pictures please tell me

Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
KelliH
First one is a "normal", the bigger one is a "patternless".

Old 04-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
ClairJ246
I was wondering if he was a patternless! I was looking stuff up and it didnt seem right! I wish she wasn't a normal but was pretty sure.. she has blue on her head and some pretty orange on her tail. Does that mean anything?

Old 04-12-2011, 01:25 AM   #4
KelliH
The blue on the head is actually the eyeballs showing through the skin! She is very pretty. There is nothing wrong with Normals, they are actually pretty rare these days.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
The_Interloper
I don't know if I'd consider the first one a "normal". A normal to me is the wild coloration and that one has more yellow to it.

Here's one of my wild types.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #6
KelliH
In 2011, her gecko is considered a normal.

Here are some of my Eublepharis macularius afghanicus, you don't get much more "wild type" than these. They are rather yellow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg afgh.jpg (73.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg ecklandm.jpg (71.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg ecklandf1.jpg (75.5 KB, 57 views)

Old 04-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
The_Interloper
Nice geckos! I have a 19 year old male E. m. macularius who is the father of the one pictured and has the same coloring. He was sold to me as an F1 generation.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #8
ClairJ246
Well I was hoping to have magically stumbled on a cool morph, but I will take her! I love her very much! For her age (I think she was born in sept of 2010) is she small? I weighed her at 20 grams. Her counter part came in at 59. Im afraid she isn't getting any food. But when I feed them she is eating.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #9
ClairJ246
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
The blue on the head is actually the eyeballs showing through the skin! She is very pretty. There is nothing wrong with Normals, they are actually pretty rare these days.
I didn't know that! That's really cool! I'm a little new to the leo scene. Im more of a BP person, but want to get involved with Leos more!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Interloper View Post
Nice geckos! I have a 19 year old male E. m. macularius who is the father of the one pictured and has the same coloring. He was sold to me as an F1 generation.
I'd love to get some of that blood in my colonies! If you ever let any go I'd be most interested.

Quote:
Well I was hoping to have magically stumbled on a cool morph, but I will take her! I love her very much! For her age (I think she was born in sept of 2010) is she small? I weighed her at 20 grams. Her counter part came in at 59. Im afraid she isn't getting any food. But when I feed them she is eating.
She's beautiful! They both are. She's a bit light for her age but if she's eating good she will grow fast. You might want to separate them if you have not already, otherwise your male will breed with her and it could cause problems with her being so small.

Quote:
I didn't know that! That's really cool! I'm a little new to the leo scene. Im more of a BP person, but want to get involved with Leos more!
Leos are my passion! So much personality and each one different from the next. They really are fantastic lizards. Best of luck with your two.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!