Little Noodle ^_^ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:09 PM   #1
reptilepanda
Little Noodle ^_^

Hey guys! I did it again lol. I got this noodle from *big breath* a pet store lol. They couldn't sell her because she was so mean even the employees wouldn't get her out. I got her fine lol. Anyway....the label said "Fire Yellow Belly"
What do you guys think?
Ps, the shed will come off in no time. She's in quarantine nice and humid to help with that.

*~Panda~*

Old 09-12-2017, 06:41 AM   #2
Robert Walker
Fire perhaps, but unfortunately not seeing the YellowBelly flames on the sides.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2017, 06:46 AM   #3
Robert Walker
Your new snake seems to have too much solid black vs. faded smoky flames on the sides, in my opinion.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
reptilepanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Your new snake seems to have too much solid black vs. faded smoky flames on the sides, in my opinion.

So you'd say just a fire then perhaps?

*~Panda~*

Old 09-12-2017, 02:18 PM   #5
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilepanda View Post
So you'd say just a fire then perhaps?
Yes, that is my opinion.
YellowBelly is a hard morph sometimes. The low expression vs. high expression examples really vary sometimes. Looks like a fire only

Old 09-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #6
reptilepanda
This is my "supposedly" fire girl
She looks like a normal to me, but I was told she was a fire. She's a very light tan/gold color

*~Panda~*

Old 09-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #7
Robert Walker
Top of the head usually is a good indicator. The distinct light mark helps out, unfortunately you can't tell in the picture of her eating.
Here is normal Ball python head, no mark. (not my picture)
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2017, 10:50 PM   #8
elena
"Noodle" looks like a possible fire to me, not 100% sure. I don't see firebelly. The bright colors, head marking and "ragged" alien eyes suggest fire. The lack of flames makes me doubt the yellowbelly. I sometimes have difficulty identifying yellowbellies though. Unfortunately both the fire and yellowbelly morphs are very subtle and it's difficult to pick them out without having clutchmates to compare and without knowing what the parents were.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:26 AM   #9
reptilepanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
"Noodle" looks like a possible fire to me, not 100% sure. I don't see firebelly. The bright colors, head marking and "ragged" alien eyes suggest fire. The lack of flames makes me doubt the yellowbelly. I sometimes have difficulty identifying yellowbellies though. Unfortunately both the fire and yellowbelly morphs are very subtle and it's difficult to pick them out without having clutchmates to compare and without knowing what the parents were.

Ok, so we will go with possible fire then with her ^_^
Thanks for the help guys!! Y'all are awesome (:
Here's a few of my normals
Victoria

Tootsie

Slinky

*~Panda~*

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!