Oddball leopard hatchling? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:30 AM   #1
CliffsideExotics
Oddball leopard hatchling?

Has anyone hatched out a leopard like this before? It's about a week and a half old or so in this photo, shed two or three times, already, and looks nothing like any of the siblings. He's from my tangerine group, parents are the top two in the third photo, sire to the left, dam on the right, clutch mate in the last photo

(and yes, that is a shard of metal in my finger, didn't notice that until it caught the light)

Old 07-29-2016, 04:02 AM   #2
lilgreenbee
Talking Your geckos are lovely

That's a very unique hatchling! The very white tail reminds me vaguely of enigma or white and yellow, although it looks like the parents aren't carrying those genetics. So... aberrant pattern? Please keep us updated as the hatchling grows!

Old 08-16-2016, 04:40 PM   #3
CliffsideExotics
I just noticed this recently, he has one half black eye, but shows no other traits of eclipse and the parents have no hets for marble eye or eclipse

Old 09-02-2016, 11:12 PM   #4
lilgreenbee
Very interesting. Maybe when he's old enough, test breed and see if his traits are inheritable. Or compatible with eclipse or marble.

Have you noticed any wobble/neurological issues?

Old 09-02-2016, 11:16 PM   #5
CliffsideExotics
No unusual mobility issues, he's one of my most enthusiastic and best feeders for anything off of tongs or from a dish. I do have 2 m snow het eclipse poss het tremper females that I could try him with, but I'd need to find a marble eye girl or two

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!