Offspring outcome question! Red tail boas. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:05 PM   #1
Elepheguttata007
Offspring outcome question! Red tail boas.

Hey there!
I recently received a male Jungle 100% het sharp, as well as a female Ghost (hypo/anery) Jungle 100% het sharp. I've tried doing my own research but the genetics of it all still confuses me a bit. I'm wondering if any of you knowledgable herpers out there could help me out with what this pair could produce together, as well as what would be good investments to pair them with?
I appreciate your time, and any info.
Thank you!
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2016, 02:04 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
There are a variety of genes at work here. Both Hypo and Jungle are dominant. Two jungles together would result in approx. 25% super junlges, 50% jungles, 25% normal. Hypo would result in 50% hypos and 50% normals. Since both are het sharp (recessive) 25% of the babies would be visual sharps and the rest would be poss hets. Since the mother is a visual anery, all babies would be het anery.

Assuming both are what they were sold as and the odds gods work their magic you would expect this probable outcome with a 1/32 chance in hitting the last one

Normal Het Anery poss het sharp
Sharp Het Anery
Hypo Het Anery poss het sharp
Jungle Het Anery poss het sharp
Hypo Sharp Het Anery
Jungle Sharp Het Anery
Hypo Jungle Het Anery poss het sharp
Super Jungle Het Anery poss het sharp
Super Jungle Sharp Het anery
Hypo Jungle Sharp Het anery
Hypo Super Jungle Het anery poss het sharp
Hypo Super Jungle Sharp het anery

Old 08-09-2016, 04:00 PM   #3
Elepheguttata007
Thank you very much!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!