What morph is my male corn?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:39 AM   #1
stark101
Lightbulb What morph is my male corn??

I bought him from Reptile Mogul in AZ and was told he was a normal. But I’ve been seeing pics of diffused and he looks like that. So wondering if he is actually a diffused morph?
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2018, 01:37 AM   #2
WebSlave
Unless you KNOW otherwise, it is best not to get your hopes up that it is anything other than what the source of the animal told you.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
BlueCrowned
Immediately thought normal before reading your post. I'm not an expert but corn snakes are my favorite species so I spend a lot of time "window shopping" and he looks like pretty much any average normal I've seen around.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
BlueCrowned
To be clear, normal corn snakes are beautiful as is and I would like to have one myself sometime. I have an amel right now.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:23 PM   #5
hotlips
He looks similar to the hypomelanistic corn snake that I have, but that's not to say he isn't from a genetically normal clutch and just showing some natural variation. I love corn snakes, they're great pets, easy to keep with lots of pretty variations. (I'd take their word for it too-) Incidentally, I've bred corn snakes before.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:42 PM   #6
jwarren1
Look up "sunkissed" corn....

Old 10-16-2020, 04:59 PM   #7
elena
This is not a diffused, sunkist or bloodred rootbeer. It is a normal corn snake, and it is underweight.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:19 AM   #8
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrowned View Post
To be clear, normal corn snakes are beautiful as is and I would like to have one myself sometime. I have an amel right now.
One of the prettiest snakes I have ever seen was a WC female corn from Florida. It was the most perfectly colored and patterned corn snake (or any snake for that matter) I had ever seen. I tried to get her from a buddy of mine but when he passed away they took everything he had to a rescue and I lost track of her.

I have a male that looks pretty much like the one pictured. I've never considered it anything other than a normal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
cornsnake, diffused, morph