Bad Guy Alex Hutchison tease bronzino88 seller's regret - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:29 PM   #51
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
I'd like to see some one post any and all correspondence with regard to the deal. I'm shocked nobody asked for that yet! Or did I miss something. Any texts? Emails? Was the money refunded at the same time the deal was ended? Money was taken by the seller. If he wasn't comfortable shipping because of the weather, why not just delay until a more suitable day?
I get why nobody wants to discuss.this. But what bothers me is that nobody is looking at this with common sense. I get that people think the OP is a nut job. But the BOI is not a popularity contest. Again, why wasn't a more sufficient date set up? Why the abrupt cancellation and refund?

Old 11-18-2018, 10:21 PM   #52
Chris Kennard
Quote:
I get why nobody wants to discuss.this. But what bothers me is that nobody is looking at this with common sense. I get that people think the OP is a nut job. But the BOI is not a popularity contest. Again, why wasn't a more sufficient date set up? Why the abrupt cancellation and refund?
And why has no one requested proof (texts, e-mails)? Sorry if I missed it, but I've seen no pressure to provide it.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:36 AM   #53
Lucille
Quote:
And why has no one requested proof (texts, e-mails)?

You are totally right to request proof. You are as usual a refreshing breeze of common sense.
After all, not only were there low temps involved, but the seller may have been uneasy about the payment method used here.
From the screen shot Jo Nathan posted in #42, there is an implication that payment from someone else's PayPal account was used as payment for this transaction but this form of payment from another person did not seem to be discussed with the seller or receive the seller's permission prior. This can have adverse consequences for a seller. Further relevant information about exactly whose address the critter would be shipped to was not evident as it was obscured in the post.
If that payer later does a chargeback because the item was not received, the seller can lose both money and critter.

Jo Nathan is trying to make it all about the selling price, but both the low temps and the possible PayPal hanky hanky also provide good reason for the seller to cancel and refund.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #54
Mike Schultz
Quote:
I have cancelled plenty of orders due to "bad weather" or something else when I got a complete whackjob vibe from the customer. Perhaps the seller was merely trying to be tactful in his refusal of sale, to (hopefully) avoid an issue. Seeing how the buyer flipped out over a weather problem (SHIP IT ANYWAYS!) I cannot imagine what would have happened had the seller told the buyer to go and kick rocks because he simply did not want to do business with him. Anyways that's just my take!

Old 11-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #55
Liveforthis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
I have cancelled plenty of orders due to "bad weather" or something else when I got a complete whackjob vibe from the customer. Perhaps the seller was merely trying to be tactful in his refusal of sale, to (hopefully) avoid an issue. Seeing how the buyer flipped out over a weather problem (SHIP IT ANYWAYS!) I cannot imagine what would have happened had the seller told the buyer to go and kick rocks because he simply did not want to do business with him. Anyways that's just my take!
That's funny but accurate.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #56
JCCS
I haven’t seen where anyone has denied that anything the other said happened, which would then require proof. This was a situation where the OP believes the intent of the seller in not wanting to ship was to reneg on the deal due to underpricing the animal, which probably wouldn’t show up on texts/emails so for me there wasn’t much point in asking for the exchange.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:10 PM   #57
Mike Schultz
I advised Mr. Kingfisher that he is welcome to contact our customer service department if he would like to lodge a formal complaint. I am, of course, our customer service department, but I promise this complaint will be taken seriously and fire will rain down upon all those responsible.
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2018, 06:36 PM   #58
Lucille
It seems Jo Nathan feels like he can ask others not to be 'vicious' in his private messages but feels free to be quite vicious himself when the fancy strikes him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Nathan Kingfisher View Post
JCCS
you are an xxxx
(Quote altered, to comply with Fauna rules)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
I haven’t seen where anyone has denied that anything the other said happened, which would then require proof. This was a situation where the OP believes the intent of the seller in not wanting to ship was to reneg on the deal due to underpricing the animal, which probably wouldn’t show up on texts/emails so for me there wasn’t much point in asking for the exchange.
What if the actual reason was not pricing but the possible PayPal issue. We are hearing pricing from Jo Nathan, but is that the reason? I think the seller is not going to argue, he courteously refunded and is staying out of it all.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:55 PM   #59
LauraB
It's a done deal. Seller didn't sell and has not returned (for obvious reasons). Buyer got his refund. Sheesh. Let it go. Ain't no big thang at this point.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:03 AM   #60
tlmoon
Is it just me, or do the OP's posts seem like they are written like poems??

I think Mike is right, the seller realized the OP had unrealistic expectations and decided he didn't want to deal with the hassle of an unreasonable buyer.

This seems to me like a smart seller, and he has also been smart enough not to get drawn into debate with the OP. The OP meanwhile, is not helping himself out by switching to PMing people with equally weird comments.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!