Bad Guy Paul Kurnava is at it again buyers beware - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #61
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
File a claim now. He gave you an invalid tracking number so hr can't prove he shipped. If you get her then apologize and send the money again.
Not exactly how things work - PayPal claims take time. If he receives the animal, he can simple cancel his claim. Running the full course, the process can take weeks (there are various points in which waits can be shortened, but it still isn't fast unless the seller just clicks to refund).

Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
Interesting, Kevin. I have my email open ready to copy and past all my conversation with him here, as well as paypal open to that transaction and ready to file a claim. I think its only fair to give him until 1030 (as that is standard receiving time in all my experiences receiving snakes)
I agree - while you may anticipate the worst, it's better to let this part play out. If it doesn't show, proceed - filing the paypal claim first. If it does, you won't have to make any retractions.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #62
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Interesting, Kevin. I have my email open ready to copy and past all my conversation with him here, as well as paypal open to that transaction and ready to file a claim. I think its only fair to give him until 1030 (as that is standard receiving time in all my experiences receiving snakes)
Did you call ups to see if there us a delivery expected to arrive today at your place? I mean the tracking number is no good so how can you trust him? He seems pretty shady, he gave you a bad tracking number and you want to give him the benefit of the doubt? I see you are a better man than I am.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #63
reticguy76
I just called them and they verified that the tracking number was invalid. He just emailed me and said that when he just checked the tracking number, it shows I received her. Think I need to start posting my emails here. Any help on that, would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #64
Mutimbo
He's got a motley retic in the classifieds now. Sure am glad I waited to see how this played out! The system works!

Old 08-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #65
Fangthane
Since this bush-league scammer didn't even have enough foresight to send you an empty box, I'd have to think you'd pretty much automatically win a PayPal claim, since he can't provide a valid tracking number that shows him at least sending you something.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #66
reticguy76
Thanks Dan.

I just tried posting all my emails and it says its too many characters. Im bad enough on computer stuff, how do I post my emails within the characters guideline?? Google mail is whacked out compared to yahoo, for me at least. I cant figure it out

Old 08-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #67
Fangthane
I've actually never had to post a bunch of emails, so I'm not entirely sure, but if you're copying the full emails, with the headers, that's generally a good bit of text. You may want to delete all but the "To and From" parts of the headers. If you have to, just make several consecutive posts to show all the relevant emails.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #68
reticguy76
well, its after 11 and as pretty much expected, she didnt show up. Ive filed a dispute with paypal. It says that my dispute case will close on September 3 and if a resolution has not been obtained by either of us, I can file a claim that will be investigated by a paypal claims department investigator. Does this sound right and normal, or is there a way for me to go straight to filing a claim for my money refunded ??

Im figuring out how to post emails from my gmail and get them all posted properly. Do I need to post my paypal completed transaction to him for the amount and transaction Id number as well ??

Old 08-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #69
Fangthane
Quote:
well, its after 11 and as pretty much expected, she didnt show up. Ive filed a dispute with paypal. It says that my dispute case will close on September 3 and if a resolution has not been obtained by either of us, I can file a claim that will be investigated by a paypal claims department investigator. Does this sound right and normal, or is there a way for me to go straight to filing a claim for my money refunded ??
It's been quite a while since I've dealt with PayPal, but that sounds about right, as far as I can remember. If you paid with either a credit card or funds that were withdrawn directly from your bank account, you'd also have recourse through that financial institution's buyer protection programs. I'd give PayPal time to do their thing. If, somehow, they decide against you, there are still other options. Assuming you didn't use funds that were already in your PayPal account.

Quote:
Im figuring out how to post emails from my gmail and get them all posted properly. Do I need to post my paypal completed transaction to him for the amount and transaction Id number as well ??
In the interest of being thorough, you should post anything you have that shows that money definitely changed hands, as well as the email that he sent with the tracking number. For the PayPal transaction, you might want to do a screen shot and edit out any account numbers or any other sensitive information.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #70
hhmoore
You should have an opportunity before that to escalate your case; but, yes, that is how it starts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!