Bad Guy Chenzo Caci - jungleexotics@yahoo.com - BAD GUY! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #31
Mister Internet
Two-bit WC flipper who lives paycheck to Paypal and removes his money from Pp as soon as it hits to avoid claims or refunds. Yeah, we've seen that type a hundred times. Thanks for the heads up, sorry it came at your expense...

Old 08-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #32
hhmoore
Steve,
I know you're tired of getting shafted...and I don't blame you for wanting the refund first; but most seller's would take the same stance he is. I know I would, unless I knew and trusted the person.
Given your history, I'd think you'd have made the same decision I did about new acquisitions - I now only buy from people I know personally or have purchased from in the past; unless they are A) a BIG name, or B) their reference list includes people I know and trust. Internet acquaintances no longer make the grade - sure, it probably means I'll miss out on some nice animals...but it eliminates the crap (and if something does come up, I know it will be handled right)

Old 08-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #33
hhmoore
Also, when a seller uses the Refund button (vs sending money back), the fees are automatically replaced, so the buyer doesn't lose anything.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #34
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Steve,
I know you're tired of getting shafted...and I don't blame you for wanting the refund first; but most seller's would take the same stance he is. I know I would, unless I knew and trusted the person.
Given your history, I'd think you'd have made the same decision I did about new acquisitions - I now only buy from people I know personally or have purchased from in the past; unless they are A) a BIG name, or B) their reference list includes people I know and trust. Internet acquaintances no longer make the grade - sure, it probably means I'll miss out on some nice animals...but it eliminates the crap (and if something does come up, I know it will be handled right)
But he does not have the RIGHT to take that stance. Steve has clearly shown him HIS animal. The Seller has not denied it's his animal. He clearly knows he is WRONG. Therefore, asking for a sick animal to be shipped back before giving a refund is a joke!

Seeing that animal, he (the seller) has to KNOW that it would be in Steve's best interest to send the animal back. Obviously, he won't be able to keep it without risk, or sell it without risk.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #35
SPJ
I made a mistake trusting this guy. He had an add on the BLBC and I didn't bother checking up on him.
I think he has proven himself to be untrustworthy whereas I feel I have proven myself over the years to not screw people over.
Based on this, I want the refund first.
Since I cannot trust him to send me what I paid for, how can I trust him to refund me after the snake goes out?

He has given me no reason to take him at his word.

Looks like I need to start taking the "Harald" approach when it comes to online purchases.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #36
SPJ
Quote:
Also, when a seller uses the Refund button (vs sending money back), the fees are automatically replaced, so the buyer doesn't lose anything.

True but he said he has no money in his account and can't issue a refund.
I said in that case, send me a payment using your CC but include the fees because I do not want to lose the amount of the fees because he spent the money and can't refund me normally.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #37
hhmoore
Order something from Amazon.com, or any other business, then try to get a refund. Let me know how many of them are willing to refund your money before you return the product.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #38
SPJ
Quote:
Order something from Amazon.com, or any other business, then try to get a refund. Let me know how many of them are willing to refund your money before you return the product.
Not the same thing IMO.
You don't buy a healthy tame f/t eating snake from Amazon and get a tick and mite infested RI mucus spewing, wheezing, aggressive snake.
You may not like the item you got from Amazon but it's highly unlikely that it was completely misrepresented before you sent them the money.
Not too mention you can go to the BBB with Amazon whereas with a tool like this, you are screwed.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #39
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
I made a mistake trusting this guy. He had an add on the BLBC and I didn't bother checking up on him.
I think he has proven himself to be untrustworthy whereas I feel I have proven myself over the years to not screw people over.
Based on this, I want the refund first.
Since I cannot trust him to send me what I paid for, how can I trust him to refund me after the snake goes out?

He has given me no reason to take him at his word.

Looks like I need to start taking the "Harald" approach when it comes to online purchases.
I'm not saying I would trust him to send the refund, either....but he thinks he is as trustworthy as you think you are, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
True but he said he has no money in his account and can't issue a refund.
I said in that case, send me a payment using your CC but include the fees because I do not want to lose the amount of the fees because he spent the money and can't refund me normally.
He took the money out of the paypal account; so when he clicks refund, the money will be drawn from the bank account tied to the PayPal, or charged to the backup funding source (credit card).

Old 08-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #40
SPJ
Quote:
He took the money out of the paypal account; so when he clicks refund, the money will be drawn from the bank account tied to the PayPal, or charged to the backup funding source (credit card).
Ohhh. Did not know that. I thought you had to still have the money in the account to issue the refund.
So he could have issued the refund and not having the money in the account was just a story to make me think he couldn't do it.
Nice.
Looks like he lied about that too!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!