Does this desert iguana look skinny - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
MrTPlush
Does this desert iguana look skinny

Does my desert iguana look skinny? Most others I have seen look a lot more plump than this guy. It is a WC from one of the online stores. I'm just a little concerned with his weight because he was breathing very slowly after arriving and not very alert. I put him under the basking light and he seems to be doing a little better.

Was just curious if anyone a little more experienced with lizards could tell me how it looks. Also wanted to document this in case the lizard has more issues than just recovering from shipping.

Thanks for any insight.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
MrTPlush
Accidentally posted the blurry picture instead of the clear one.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #3
Dyscophus antongilii
I believe this Dipsosaurus dorsalis looks underweight. Is this specimen yours? Or, one, you considered purchasing? If, this was one you wanted to purchase, personally, I would not buy it.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
Sounds like the OP just purchased it.
I agree, the little guy looks skinny.
Do you know if he was already treated for internal parasites?
I hope he recovers in your care and starts doing better!

Old 08-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #5
MrTPlush
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Sounds like the OP just purchased it.
I agree, the little guy looks skinny.
Do you know if he was already treated for internal parasites?
I hope he recovers in your care and starts doing better!
Yes it is in my care. Unfortunately another experience already leaving a lot to be desired from a big time online seller. Have yet to have one good experience. Sadly this seller was the only place I could find desert iguanas for sale. It's only been two days, but no interest in eating anything.

Old 10-21-2017, 03:11 AM   #6
the bratt
get some strong UVB and heat on him. then see if he perks up a bit. he looks dehydrated and might have parasites. what are you feeding? they have a very wide diet. if hes not eating plants try crix or wax worms. I have one that was really bad and after trying all kinds of stuff he finally went for shredded butternut squash.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!