New Box Design from Ship Your Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
SPJ
New Box Design from Ship Your Reptiles

Let's just say I liked the old style when they first started. They were the same as the Superior boxes. White with red lettering.
Now, I'm not to thrilled with them. The perishable print is much smaller and All Pro Shipping wraps around the box. OK. I can live with that. What I don't like is the fact that LLLReptiles's logo and website is plastered on the box (larger than the perishable writing).
I am not LLReptile. I have never done business with them and they have a spotty record on the BOI. I do not like their logo on MY shipment.
All Pro Shipping is fine but the LLReptile logo, that needs to go IMO.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
SPJ
Here is the box. The writing is the same on the other side.
At the price they charge for one "shipping package", I do not think this is acceptable.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
crazytailreptiles
Not acceptable, in my Opinion the "perishable" part is a bit to small and not the main focused of the box only "All pro shipping" and i really don't feel comfortable Having LLLreptile logo and website on my Shipping boxes for my business.. i hope they don't turn all there boxes like that...in that case i need to change who i order from...What was wrong with the other boxes?..Dont fix what isn't broken!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
Twizted Paths
As a buyer ~ If that box showed up on my porch and I hadn't seen this post I'd be calling the breeder thinking that the snake came from LL or that the box was used. Neither of which would make me a happy buyer because of their reputation.

As a seller ~ I wouldn't ship anything I bred in it either, unless a sticker label making machine magically showed up at my house, fully supplied, so I could cover their logo with mine.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:15 AM   #5
shrap
Yeah that is tacky to say the least. I for one would never ship anything in those boxes.

I dont have a problem with the size of the "perishable" print. I worked for UPS, I know how little the package handlers care about things like "perishable" and "fragile". They dont even bother looking for those types of things in most cases.

Now the LLL advertisement, that is not only tacky, but flat out rude and inconsiderate in my opinion. Fortunately I have my own Fed Ex account. Fed Ex's service and drop off/pick-up options here in central Indiana are far superior to UPS, so as long as I live in central Indiana I would never use SYR (UPS) to ship anything anyway. And the LLL advert does not do anything but reinforce those feelings.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:25 AM   #6
hhmoore
I'm with you there, Sammy (and everybody else). Not knocking the service SYR provides, but I would never use those boxes.
*There is no requirement that one must purchase boxes from them, though, is there?*

Old 10-07-2009, 03:30 AM   #7
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
or that the box was used
What is wrong with used boxes if they are in good shape?

I prefer using new boxes, but I have absolutely no problem with used boxes that are still in excellent condition. Throwing away a perfectly good box is just plain wasteful and there is entirely too much of that happening on this planet as it is.

If that means my "reputation" takes a hit (like I give a rats ass what anyone thinks of me) then I can live with that.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:19 AM   #8
DAND
I can only guess LLL is a sponsor of sorts?

I certainly wouldn't use it.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #9
Clay Davenport
I've used SYR, and will use them again. Been happy with the service they provide, and the savings on shipping costs which for the last several years have been becoming more and more of a burden.

However, I use my own boxes from Superior Enterprises. I would not use a box with a big advertisement on it like that. I mean really, would any company ship their product in a box labeled with an advertisement for a competing company? I've never ordered from Sears and got my stuff in a Wal Mart box.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
crazytailreptiles
i contacted Shipyourreptiles about this matter and said

hi there am heather and i been ordering and shipping with you guys since you started however i noticed the shipping boxes for size 12" x 9" x 6" box with 3/4" insulation Has been changed to a Updated outside look? with bold "All Pro Shipping" around the box then in the top to smaller Corners there is a small perishable then the other side there is LLLreptiles Logo? Is there a a way i can choose weather to have the basic old boxes or will you only carry the "New boxes" in my Opinion the "perishable" part is a bit to small and not the main focused of the box only "All pro shipping" and i really don't feel comfortable Having LLLreptile logo and website on my Shipping boxes for my business..So will this be changed for your shipping boxes?

And this is what they said.

Hi Heather,
All Pro Shipping is our parent company and currently the only boxes that are printed this way is the 12x9x6. I understand your reasoning as to why you wouldn't want the change on the new boxes. Next time, if you prefer the older style, when you order just shoot us an email at the time of your order and we can call our supplier and request that they send you the older style. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you. Have a nice day!

So its fixable i guess with a E-mail, however i want to know Who would want the new boxes to start with....And again LLLreptile why?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!