Sick Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-02-2004, 09:16 PM   #1
fender7819
Sick Snake

Ok two things i have a brother who smokes in his room. And he leaves his window open so the smell gets out, the snake lives in his room and i guess he got too cold and He inhaled too much smoke because his feces is not normal for a snake. So I took the snake into my room where i keep the room warm because i have a bearded dragon which has to have alot of heat and so hes in a little hospital like cage where im trying to warm him up and get him back to health. Is there anything else i should do while trying to help him??
Thanks,
Josh

Old 12-03-2004, 08:16 AM   #2
cka
Josh, tell us a lttle more about how he's kept...What about the fece's causes you to suspect he's sick?

Your brother's smoking probably is not to blame; the draft from the window is more likely a cause than cigs or weed smoke or whatever...Snakes breathe at a much different rate than we do, altho I don't know of any studies on second hand smoke and reptiles

Online diagnosis' are almost impossible to make...If you are really concerned a check up by a qualified vet. may be in order

Old 12-06-2004, 07:32 AM   #3
MGReptiles
What does the poo look like?

Old 12-06-2004, 09:14 PM   #4
fender7819
like refried beans
but a bit more wet

Old 12-07-2004, 05:37 AM   #5
MGReptiles
Oh manthats the sickest description I have heard..lol.. Id say its ok..Most of snake poo is hair and is really liek you said when it comes out...

Old 12-09-2004, 12:28 AM   #6
fender7819
oh
well it looked different from the times before.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!