Warning-The Bean Farm--Warning - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2002, 04:35 PM   #1
j007
Warning-The Bean Farm--Warning

Made a purchase from the Bean Farm back Nov 4th and they hit my Mastercard on Nov 7th and then again on Nov 12th for the payment. I just got off the phone with John there and he tells its them but its not them as they have a billing company that works under their name but aint them. So they have no Idea about why or how this happened but will find out. In our conversation I am not the only one they took money from. I was emailed yesterday that they were going to reimburse the charge back to me but when I checked this afternoon the bank hasnt seen it yet.Be warned about this double dipping and if you have had any business with them you should go back and recheck to make sure they havent hit you also. I am ticked as that was my snake money and missed a good deal because the money went missing-- Jim Bond

Old 12-18-2002, 04:52 PM   #2
Monte
I would be hesitant to be so hasty to judgement.

The Beanfarm has a sterling reputation - and I tend to trust them. Give them time - sometimes, things don't happen as fast as we want them too.

I would be extremely surprised if they were attempting to pull this scam. Please give them another call and see what is happening. I'm sure they will work it out.

Old 12-18-2002, 04:55 PM   #3
Robin OBrien
Hi Jim, sorry about your problem with bean farm. I have had only good dealings with them and felt that their customer service was beyond reproach. I am sure they will take care of this overcharge in a timely manner..........Robin O'Brien

Old 12-18-2002, 05:38 PM   #4
Ophidiophile
I have done plenty of business with The Bean Farm and have known the owners personally for over 10 years. They pride themselves on integrity and honesty and won't even sell products that they wouldn't use themselves. As everyone else has said, I'm sure they will make this right. And I'm also certain that this was an error and not intentional. Keep us posted.

Old 12-18-2002, 06:54 PM   #5
rs402931
Lightbulb Bean Farm

I too had billing problems with Bean Farm.....Purchased several items - my credit card was charged then two weeks later contacted them about where my order was, was told part of it was back ordered and nothing had yet been shipped. After several back and forth e-mails trying to find out when/if the items would ship i Cancelled entire order. Took several days to see credit on my charge.

I believe they are honest and trust worhty people, However I think there WebSite ( They said their web site doesn't allow them to see billing??) and billing need MUCH improvement.
JMHO

Bob Silva

Old 12-18-2002, 07:22 PM   #6
j007
Bean Farm 2

I just got another email from them in short they contacted their billing company and "not recieveing a valid or appropriate answer"gave me the number to their billing company and suggested I take care of it.Short of it being a scam which it probably isnt -it sure isnt good business pushing your customer off on a third party.I ordered from Bean paid Bean but when theres a screwup call someone else--sound pissed- I am.Vocal about it--I am. They went into my account and took money that wasnt theirs-kept it for over a month--some folks are sitting in prison for that very thing. A little overboard yep -but if you hadda gotten the runnaround about its not us its someone else you would be too. Jim Bond

Old 12-18-2002, 08:14 PM   #7
E2MacPets
I'm sorry you are having a problem right now. Myself, I have had only extremely positive experiences with them.

I placed an order which could not be completed immeadiately and they contacted me to let me know, and contacted me every week to let me know the progress of my custom order. In the mean time they shipped at their expense the rest of my order and then shipped the completed order. For both orders I was given a tracking number.

They have been wonderful to deal with and I will continue to give them my business

Old 12-18-2002, 09:54 PM   #8
Monte
This may sound judgement - but it's not

I always wonder if it makes a difference how you approach the problem? I don't know you, nor do I know how you handle things - but I am a student of human nature - and we are IMPATIENT. We want it today.

I see this numerous times in posts - and to be honest with you - I would be more apt to go out of my way for someone who is courteous to me than to someone that's all crabby about it. Now, I'm not saying you acted that way - it's just a sense that I get from many of these posts.

Common courtesy will go a long way in alleviating many of our problems.

Old 12-18-2002, 10:51 PM   #9
j007
Bean Farm

Actually I wanted it over a month ago when they took it as it was earmarked for a snake for my sons Christmas.I can see where someone picks your pocket you catch them then they tell you standing there they didnt do it--It was someone else-so you just smile and go on-yea I can see that.I am not impatient--I am pissed.Actually dont believe they picked my pocket but ya get the drift and it got worst when they didnt try to make it right but tried to pass it off on someone else. They gave me a number for Ioncart 866-256-3726 who bills for Bean-I didnt buy anything from Ioncart. Not my job to fix their company problems and the only reason we are having this conversation is they took money that didnt belong to them.So you cant lay it off on me--I am the victim. So now they maybe return the money-a little part of our Christmas is still screwed--they cant fix that I know but at least they could take some responsibility for it and not try to pass the blame. Jim Bond

Old 12-18-2002, 10:52 PM   #10
Jeff Favelle

Ummm...they shouldn't treat any one customer differently (its called discrimination) and if they take money out that's not their's, they should replace it. Especially credit card money. That's 15%+ interest we're talking about.

Not good business to do that.

Hasn't happened to me in the 5+ transactions I've had with the Bean Farm. They've been great!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!