Bad Guy Nick Lillis - Page 36 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:28 AM   #351
Snake-Queen
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
"In this thread", yes. Innocent little mistakes, right? Not so much behind the scenes, which perhaps makes my comments irrelevant TO YOU just because you are less "privy" to some of that info. Sorry I annoyed you...maybe.
If in fact there is behind the scenes manipulation that I am not privy to, then neither are the majority of the readers. So, it isn't just myself that would find the incessant bickering annoying. Unless YOU are willing to share this behind the scenes manipulation, you should stop alluding to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
And before anyone jumps on me for being cocky with Melissa for calling me annoying or irrelevant, don't bother. We disagree on issues from time to time. Don't bother using my post as a weapon. In all honesty, her posts are always on the right side of the fence, and I have the utmost respect for that.
I Chris and I are good.
BTW, I didn't say you were irrelevant, just the bickering.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #352
Snake-Queen
Traci, I am glad that you posted the results.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:06 AM   #353
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
[

If in fact there is behind the scenes manipulation that I am not privy to, then neither are the majority of the readers. So, it isn't just myself that would find the incessant bickering annoying. Unless YOU are willing to share this behind the scenes manipulation, you should stop alluding to it.

I Chris and I are good.
BTW, I didn't say you were irrelevant, just the bickering.
I'm not willing. I won't be their scapegoat. I've seen a fraction of the emails. All the accusations came from team Traci/Linda. They seem to have turned a new leaf. Transparency will prove their sincerity. Thus my request for their correspondence.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:23 AM   #354
Snake-Queen
Customers can form pretty strong relationships with breeders at times.

Transparency would be best.

However, if Nick gets his animals tested, he could then start a thread on the people spreading the rumors & use quotes from here to back him in his accusations.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:05 AM   #355
akane
I have been following this since there are species Nick has posted a couple times I am interested in when ready for them and messaged him once about the odds of him having future stock. I feel some minor mistakes were made on both ends in the handling of the animals and got blown out of proportion. That may be where it ends for the direct participants but more testing and proof of potentially something this serious really would help establish facts and not doing so by any party involved is not going to have a good impact on opinions.

As the initial problem that launched this, for future reference as a buyer what I would hope if someone found a reptile having even a minor problem from what they had thought it's condition was is that they at minimum confirm I want it shipped to deal with myself and if they can't hold it to start recovery, preferably a seller would want to fully bring it back to 100% health, an offer of a different animal or full refund. Even if it's last minute, I expected them to ship, and it ends up not being possible that week if it's not done that day it's usually not appropriate to throw even a more minor situation on someone as the box has already started on it's way. Shipping stress does not help any type of health issues either so even if I could deal with it normally I might make the call I don't like the idea of having it sent then. I did have someone hold a snake for several weeks because something was missed on another reptile until it was out of quarantine despite no sign it had spread. I would not want to buy from someone who went ahead and sent the reptile before a warning without knowing me better because to me it's equal to selling an undisclosed unhealthy animal. Maybe it can be fixed afterward or it really is a minor problem but it's more work, possibly money, and possibly stress on human and animal. I'd probably never buy from them or recommend them again after that surprise because the next surprise could be worse. People don't like health surprises even if warned before it actually arrives and stress leading to panic of the sudden new situation may have complicated the health issues setting off a cascade of events that didn't need a now 36 page thread with other accusations and questions about people out there.

While calling is a great way to get info for your personal knowledge from people and especially professionals it does not prove anything to anyone who doesn't talk to them also. The only time a group I am a part of listens to such information is when multiple proven reliable members that are not connected beyond the group all call to get the same info confirmed. It becomes your word you have a reliable source the second you hang up. Unfortunately while I want to give Nick the benefit of the doubt and a few other points made do make it more likely to be true it doesn't actually prove anything. It adds a little to probably having the right feeling about this thread starting with the first page but the question is still out there where all a crypto infection is or isn't. It does not fully prove health of the collection because people can claim they did anything and got any info from anywhere if it's all verbal and even the verbal claims only state someone else has crypto. It doesn't disprove it in another collection. While it sucks if false accusations lead to a lot of veterinary testing it's often necessary when there is any reason to bring health into question and if I did have someone claim an animal died of something like that after selling it I wouldn't care if the vet said the other person was already treating for it and my animals currently seemed like they couldn't be that ill. I'd want to be darn sure I still didn't have it for my own purposes whether anyone else is involved or not.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:58 AM   #356
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfiremajick View Post

Nick has agreed to work together with me to continue testing the animals for another 3-5 cycles or whatever is reccomended "just in case," as far as parasites and so on. sometines test results can be a false negative or positive. We have also agreed I am not going to share the vet report, nor the lab report results I got in today, on this forum.
What was the logic behind this agreement you say the two of you had?
Perhaps the birth of a collaborative relationship could be initiated by talking about the expectations of each party, why former choices were made, and how future choices can strengthen reputations and relationships.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #357
Lucille
I am adding a link to one of the Nick Lillis BOI threads, his name was spelled incorrectly on the title of that thread and so the thread would not otherwise come up using the BOI icon search in the classified section (an amazing idea, by the way: you click on the icon and up pop the BOI threads). Since Nick now has a number of classified ads up here, I think it is important for prospective purchasers to be able to access all relevant information in order to make educated decisions.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=623277

Old 06-24-2017, 07:33 PM   #358
Lucille
Quote:
and now i am done....im signing out and i will probably never return. i dont make a thing of doing reviews and i will never do one again.

thanks
But you feel it is OK to go to other BOI threads to plead your case(see quote below), after leaving in a huff more than once on this thread.

Quote:
I was called SO many names...But that was never addressed...And the lies I was accused of, were proven to be NOT lies, but......

Old 06-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #359
gracie
this post was a really.... it ended up a really sad sorta thing. and honestly, this is why many people in the reptile community no longer come here for good solid info, the posts always turn into this... mindless back and forth frankly immature dribble that has no ending or offers any solutions....

Old 06-25-2017, 11:47 AM   #360
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie View Post
this post was a really.... it ended up a really sad sorta thing. and honestly, this is why many people in the reptile community no longer come here for good solid info, the posts always turn into this... mindless back and forth frankly immature dribble that has no ending or offers any solutions....
Why don't you do your part, and offer what you think is an acceptable solution, instead of taking part in the very behavior you criticize?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!