Bad Guy Nick Mole, FCR Bad Guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
Megf
Angry Nick Mole, FCR Bad Guy

I bought a snail eater from Nick Mole last year. The first animal I received from him was extremely thin and perished after 4 days. My fault, I didn't wait for the two other people who keep them to give me feedback, and after 4 days, there was no recourse anyway. I e-mailed Nick to let him know the animal had not survived...not to complain, just to inform. I heard nothing from him. A couple of months later, he e-mailed me to say he had a possibly gravid female that came in. I asked for photos, forwarded them to my two friends who agreed she looked much better than the other animal. He wanted more for her, but since I had lost the other animal so quickly after receiving him, he offered her to me at a discount. More than fair I thought. The animal arrived in good condition, laid infertile eggs the next day and has gone on to thrive. In October I received an e-mail from Nick saying that he again had a gravid female snail eater. I looked the photos over and she looked good so I paid him and he shipped her. She arrived dead in the box with one egg laid and the rest still in her. She looked very dehydrated although that could have been since she might have been dead for a while. I e-mailed Nick immediately and also left a message on his phone. I asked him for my money back since now I had received 2 out of 3 animals either dead or about to die. He e-mailed back saying the policy was that they didn't refund, only replaced the animal. I told him I wasn't sure I wanted to replace another animal that was going to die. He said he had a shipment from Suriname coming in the following Tuesday. He e-mailed me telling me he had a male snail eater in. I asked for photos and he never sent them. I asked him what was going on, no response. Since October I have e-mailed him perhaps a dozen times asking when he would replace the animal or refund the money. He never answers. I've called and I always get an answering message saying they are unavailable. Not even a business recording, just a female voice saying no one is available. he doesn't call back when you call, he hasn't answered my e-mail.Now I'm coming here because I've had enough. All I want now is my money back. I don't want a snake from him, I don't want to deal with him anymore.

Meg Francoeur
Francly Corns and Chondros
www.franclycac.com

Old 01-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
lanceheads
hmm, In my dealings with Nick Mole, I have always have had good one's. Very positive as a matter of fact.
Snail eaters are very tough to keep alive for any period and require expert husbandry skills, IMO.

If his TOS states zero refunds of money, and only a replacement of like animal, I guess you have no choice but to accept his terms, since you agreed to purchasing an animal from him.
If you didn't read his TOS BEFOREHAND, then the problem lies with you.

As far as answering you in a timely manner, give him a chance to respond, I know Nick travels to Africa on a regular basis and is hard to get a hold of.
Just my 2 cents.

Randal Berry

Old 01-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
MDC_Ophiuchus
I once considered purchasing some animals from him myself. In fact, I even tried contacting him about the animals in question both via phone and email. But after receiving no response from him, and after seeing several negative threads here on the BOI confirming his reputation for poor customer service, I am glad I took my money elsewhere.

I've also been to a few shows where FCR has vended, and IMHO, all the animals I saw on their tables were wildcaught imports on their death beds. I was actually genuinely afraid to get too close to the deli cups in fear of possibly carrying some transmittable ailment home to my collection. I would never give them a dime after seeing the quality of the stock they offer.

My sympathies to the OP.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!