CHRIS MOCK???? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
A.Rentfro
CHRIS MOCK????

Anybody know this guy CHRIS MOCK?.
I sold him a nice breeder Hog island boa after Scott (Field Herper Forum) contacted me about it on his behalf. The deal was for cash and a top-pick pair of babies. Chris was hard to pin down on details but did pay up front and his check was good.
He was pleased with the animal (proven breeder Hog Island female!) and advised me when he got a good litter. Since then I have gotten nothing but excuses from him of why he would not ship the animals he owes.
I sent him a strong note via E-mail asking for him to ship my animals. He took some offense at it and told me so but promised quick delivery.. that was three weeks ago and nothing. No calls no e-mails, nada.
I know I can be too direct for some people but that's no excuse for not paying debts.. Maybe Chris is having some problems? I dunno but would sure like an answer!
Thanks for reading..
Gus/Rio Bravo Reptiles.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
Abish
Um, I feel kind of sheepish posting this here, but on September 30th I bought an absolutely gorgeous, spunky baby Hogg Island Boa from him at the Upscale Reptiles show in Sac. This was the second day of the show, and I think he had three others there still, and he also said that he'd traded some off to Randy Wright before the show.

I've been slacking and haven't got a fecal done on her yet, but by all outward signs and behaviours she is a great little boa. In fact, I was planning on making a positive post for him regarding this deal.

I am very happy with my transaction with him, and hate to think that my good feedback could possibly come back to bite him in the butt, but I want to put my two cents out there.

I am kicking myself right now, because he even told me who he got his breeder from, but I can't for the life of me remember right now. I am sure I wrote it down, so I will look for it in my notebook.

So, there it is... I am a happy camper in terms of dealing with Chris Mock, and I hope that whichever way this thread goes you and Chris both end up satisfied with your deal as well.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
Abish
I forgot to add... it sounds like you may already have his number, but if not I can PM you the one he wrote on my receipt.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
A.Rentfro
Hey! thanks for your reply. I'm fairly sure that we're talking about the same guy. I have a phone number for him but there's no answer.. If you got a baby from a female out of my line I'll bet it's a nice one! Still.. Chris owes me and I'd like an answer from him..
Now.. here's an important question.. WHY is there a GOOGLE ad button under my name and HOW do I get rid of that trash?!@.
Gus/Rio Bravo Reptiles.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:16 PM   #5
SnakeGuys.com
Gus,

I sure wish you would have called me, but apparently that was'nt going to happen, so here we are discussing something that is new to me and has caught me blind-sided. Again, would'nt atleast ONE phone or email to me have been reasonable? Do you have to do that? No. A referral is a referral and should be taken as good information, but is'nt it reasonable to contact the person you feel referred the wrong person to you atleast once? I would, if I felt someone gave me a bad referral. But that is me.

I will talk with Chris today and see what is up. AGAIN, this is news to me.

Take care, Gus. For those of you who may see this thread, keep in mind that I've NEVER been contacted by Gus about this issue and have only talked with Gus MAYBE a handful of times, total. I just left him a phone message.

I'm not happy about this on BOTH sides of what I'm hearing.

Scott

Old 10-17-2007, 02:18 PM   #6
SnakeGuys.com
Also the "snakeguys" registration was done years ago by J.P. and he is in no way associated with this situation. I just want to point that out since he is listed in the profile. I tried to find where to change the profile, but could not.

scott

Old 10-17-2007, 04:56 PM   #7
A.Rentfro
I've got no beef with Scott.
I think when he referred Chris to me and vice-versa he was trying to help a friend get a boa and me to sell one. In retrospect, I could have made my post without mentioning Scott. I included him only for people who may not know Chris but would know Scott.. not because I consider him in any way responsible. That's the way I meant it and that's the way it should be read.
Have a great day!

Old 10-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
Abish
Well, just to start covering bases, have you emailed Chris a link to this thread? Also, any emails or any other proof/info you could post about the deal would probably be a good idea, since your post really is more of a 'bad guy' post than the 'info' post you may have intended it as (really not sure from your original post).

Old 10-18-2007, 02:43 AM   #9
SnakeGuys.com
Thanks for the clarification, Gus.

Abish, your boa was produced through a high quality female boa from Gus and a high quality male boa from Chris. I know Gus is rock solid in the quality of his stock, and the same goes for Chris. You have a FINE genetic specimen of a Hog Island Boa. This situation has ZERO to do with your transaction for a great boa. So any worries you might have need to be compartmentalized into the quality of the boa you received. You should be happy that you got such a clean and genetically solid Hog from Chris and Gus's projects.

As far as Chris goes, I stand by my friend and would do it again. This has apparently not been a smooth (to say the least) deal, but Chris is a quality guy....period. I'm saddened to hear him and Gus have had some issues, but I will NEVER back away from my good friend Chris Mock. I'm loyal, period. As I told Gus, I've talked to Chris and it appears to be in resolution as we speak. A very unfortunate situation with two very strong personalities, in my opinion.

I was just upset that my name was injected into it without the knowledge of what had happened first, and since Gus and I talked today, all is well.

Take care, I'm spent. lol

Scott

Old 10-18-2007, 02:50 AM   #10
SnakeGuys.com
Oops. I forgot to add my name to the posts. Pardon my ignorance.

Scott Waters

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!