juvenile boiga dendrophila - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
Dannypython
juvenile boiga dendrophila

ok, not sure if this is the right place, since a boiga is usually "warm" and not life threatening, but i own a young mangrove, and apart from the stress from moving from show to home, is ok. however, there is a small scratch about three and a half inches behind the base of the skull. i have been treating this with antibiotics, but how can i get it to close up? it seems like the skin is turned underneath the wound, and bunched up at the sides. also, when de-worming, would you reccomend injecting panacur into prey items prior to feeding, or squirting it directly into the snake's mouth? i might sound like a noob, but i have plenty experience with aggressive snakes, just no deworming experience. please let me know what i should do ASAP. thank you!

Old 05-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
crotalusadamanteus
Open wounds on reptiles will close from the inner tissues, in an outward manner. Meaning, it could look like an open wound for a long time, although it is closing internally.

If it's really a small scratch like you describe, then let it be. It'll most like be gone in a shed or two. They don't heal quite as fast as we do.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Dannypython
ok, and between typing this and reading your post, it is looking alot better. the parasites are getting medicated for, and this little guy is feisty! he is calm once you have him out of the cage, but while inside he is a little @$$

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!