Thanks to Jim Scharphorn of Cool Critters by LJ for a great rack - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-30-2004, 08:59 PM   #1
David Roach
Talking Thanks to Jim Scharphorn of Cool Critters by LJ for a great rack

In the never-ending search for good quality, inexpensive racks, I wound up coming across Jim Scharphorn of Cool Critters by LJ. I called to speak with him about building a ball python rack for me. He spent plenty of time on the phone and via email explaining to me the different options he offers until I decided on a design I liked. He wound up building me a four-space heated ball python rack made of expanded PVC. He promptly built it and shipped it straight to my door. Unfortunately, there was a shipping accident that left the unit damaged. When I contacted Jim, he was back with me within hours to discuss the issue. He offered me a new rack or a partial refund if I could live with the damage. The damage looked to be only cosmetic and not anything that would affect structural integrity, so I decided to use it for a few days and see how I liked it. After a couple of days of using it, I decided that I did not want to send this thing back. It is a really high-quality, well-built unit, and I want to keep it. As soon as I made the decision, I contacted Jim Scharphorn to tell him. He immediately sent back one-third of the original purchase price as compensation for the damage and even paid an extra 3% to cover my PayPal fees for the refund. All in all, Jim was a class act. I intend to do business with him in the future, and I encourage anyone looking for a well-built, fairly-priced rack or cage to turn to Jim Scharphorn of Cool Critters by LJ. The web address is http://www.coolcrittersbylj.com/. Thanks for the good experience Jim!

Old 12-30-2004, 09:43 PM   #2
Ghi Reptiles
Jim is not only a great craftsman but he is a person who cares about his animals and customers! I have known him to always be honest and will stand behind the right person in any situation. I wouldn't hesitate to buy cages or animals from him

Old 12-30-2004, 09:52 PM   #3
Damon Theis
I have one of Jim's `04 chondros and he was 1st class all the way, even dealing with some special circumstances on my end without a single complaint. Great guy.
Damon Theis

Old 08-16-2005, 10:14 PM   #4
LakesideBoas
Thumbs up Don't ever tell...

Jim that you are in need of something...he'll give it to you!

We've been talking a little here and there lately and I was fretting over where I was going to put this next litter of Boas as I have no rack and I've been having to help my kids out a lot this year. He mentioned that he had a couple he didn't feel comfortable selling as they were not up to his standards and I agreed to purchase one or both when I had the chance.

Darned if I didn't get a special e-mail surprise before bed last night telling me to watch for the Fed-ex guy, who arrived this afternoon with, you guessed it, a beautiful, not in the least messed up, 15 tub rack and an e-mail telling me to send what I could when I could. And you know I will, Jim.

He almost made me cry...and I DON'T cry! It was one of the nicest things that has happened to me lately when my life seems to be closely resembling a commode that hasn't been flushed in a while!

I wasn't going to open up that "other" thread as I feel the aroma is probably fatal! Those who think Jim is a butt-head may think what they will, but he has a big heart.

Thank you Jim...dammit, NOW I am crying--butt-head!

Old 08-16-2005, 11:16 PM   #5
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas
I wasn't going to open up that "other" thread as I feel the aroma is probably fatal! Those who think Jim is a butt-head may think what they will, but he has a big heart.
Hun, please read Jim's ramblings in the HELL forum.

That aroma you are smelling isn't Jim's feet either, it's Jim's LIES.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:25 PM   #6
Damon Theis
Code:
jump at opportunities just as you jump to conclusions
Hmmm... jump to conclusions?

Once again I will state only fact in my personal experience with Jim. My transactions were perfect in every way.
-d

Old 08-16-2005, 11:49 PM   #7
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmherps

I don't think that's necessary. I already read most of it.

All my life I've been able to give to people, but I have never had anyone freely give to me. (Usually because I won't ask.) No questions, no strings, no charity, just trust. I am not used to being in this position and I'm blubbering like a little Bi@tch because someone thought enough of me to help me out a little.

He didn't have to do that. I'm not all that likeable a person-

The aroma I was referring to was the putrid equine in the "other" thread, not anyone's feet. He's never lied to me...

Old 08-17-2005, 12:19 AM   #8
critical bill
Jim had a good transaction with Maggie and made her very happy. I sure hope he snow balls (not the sexual kind) this experience with Maggie into a success.

Good luck Jim and brighter skies tomorrow Maggie!

Old 08-17-2005, 09:04 AM   #9
Casey Hulse
Yes

Jim is a real pillar of the reptile community, his kindness has shown thru in all of his business dealings. I always look forward to seeing his pleasant posts here on Fauna.......You are a real sweetheart Jim!

Old 08-17-2005, 09:28 AM   #10
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmherps

How is that relevant to the thread? Jim's poor attitude towards some of the people he dislikes isn't really affecting his ability to build and ship racks as far as I can see by the above posts. As much as I dislike him as a person he seems to be a good rack builder. Personal feelings shouldn't be in the BOI IMO, just good or bad experiences with sellers.

Can we see some pics of the racks purchased?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!