Car trouble - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
Lucille
Car trouble

I HATE being without a car. Can't buy a new one til I get out of school, and som brake thingy to the tune of $500 went wrong on mine.
I should not complain (but I am lol) it is a Toyota and has had almost no required repairs.
And I suppose it was a blessing that it happened near home, and I could drive to the service station. But still don't y'all just **hate** care trouble?

Old 02-07-2005, 12:38 AM   #2
BallPyFan
Jack it up, pop the tire off, order what you need and get greasy girl! LOL It probably has disc brakes which are easier than drum brakes to mess with. Unless it's one of those newfangled ABS thingy parts...they should have never put computer chips in cars!

Old 02-07-2005, 05:13 AM   #3
DAND
Don't feel bad Lucille. My truck has been sitting for almost 2 months. It was three days after my warranty expired (would have had it in earlier but they didn't have an appointment available then) my fuel pump went south ($700.00). After some choice words with the service manager I drove it home (thank God it made it). I have someone who can do it for me but he'd rather take off the bed instead of removing the gas tank (that's where the fuel pump is, in the gas tank). The problem is the bed is full of snow and about six inches of ice. The weather has been getting warmer here and I should be able to get the ice out soon (fingers crossed).

Old 02-09-2005, 08:05 PM   #4
CallDawg
that sucks

I just had the sending unit, feul pump, tank and lines replaced on my '93 spirit
came to the tune of $770, everything just rusted out

I really had no choice about getting it fixed i drive 45 mins a day to work so had to get it done.

and it sucked

Old 02-15-2005, 12:22 AM   #5
LPacker79
Car trouble is definitely no treat to deal with. My vehicle (96 GMC Jimmy, 164,000 miles) currently needs about $900 in work. Ball joints again, upper control arm, intake manifold gasket, and some other stuff. I'm just hoping it keeps going until I get my tax refund back so I can get it fixed. Until then I'm in a perpetual state of panic wondering if today's the day my wheels fall off or my engine seizes up. Unfortunately, not only is my truck my personal vehicle, I also use it for work (I'm a rural mail carrier). I did front brakes 5 times on that truck last year, and rotors twice. Thankfully my stepdad learned how to do brakes so I just drive it over to his house when I need them done. I could do them myself, but I don't have the proper tools.

Seeing the Amish driving alongside the roads with their horses and buggies sometimes makes me jealous......lots less complicated to fix a buggy than to fix a motor vehicle!

Old 02-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #6
dself40
Well well the dreaded car troubles..

I know how ya'll feel I am on the other end of the spectrum.Thats what i do for a living is turn wrenches and parts are outrages for cars and trucks but you should be in the truckers shoes.I work on autos,Big trucks ,tractors and damn near anything that has a motor in it..lol.But the sad part is there is alot of shops out there that will rape you if they think they can get by with it or if you dont know much about vehicles.And that gives us good guys a bad rep.One thing fer sure is to kinda call around or get a few different shops to look at your problems and make sure they are on the same page.Lots of shops make work when they get your vehicle in .

Old 02-15-2005, 05:43 PM   #7
LPacker79
Quote:
But the sad part is there is alot of shops out there that will rape you if they think they can get by with it or if you dont know much about vehicles.
Ain't that the truth! There is a nationally known service center (Starts with T and ends with Y ) that I no longer go to due to the fact that they cheated me. January of 04 I went to get my brakes done, and I also needed rotors. They get my truck in the shop, then they come in and tell me I need calipers. No big deal, truck is getting up there in years and has a lot of miles, so I gave them the okay to do the work. $308 later I go home.
Fast forward about 5 months. My stepdad is doing my brakes and couldn't get the caliper on the left side to go in so he could fit the brake pad into place. We get the caliper off and notice the seals on it are extremely deteriorated. We take it to the local Autozone and get a new caliper, and are told there's no way in hell the caliper was done 5 months previous.

Argh!

Old 02-15-2005, 05:50 PM   #8
dself40
Thats what I was talking about they say they put parts on but dont and charge you for them and if you dont ever look or have it apart will never know till it is to late..And folks wonder why other folks go on killing sprees..lol..

Old 02-15-2005, 07:03 PM   #9
BallPyFan
Hmmm, being blonde and female, I shock the hell out of them when I make them take me out and show me what the problem is before I ok anything LOL. Then, like the time the old Bronco blew a brake line, I make them show me the completed work so I can inspect it. Just got oil changed this afternoon, FINALLY found a garage that will let me sit and watch them work! I am one of those annoying customers who like to ask questions about what they are doing, how they are doing it, poke my nose in and watch, and worst of all, LEARN something! Hehehehe. Have yet to get ripped off by a mechanic, and if I suspect one is trying to pull one over on me, hey I know enough guys in motor pool still.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!