Bad Guy Gorgeous Geckos selling sick animals - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
ryanbean1981
Exclamation Gorgeous Geckos selling sick animals

I recieved sick crested geckos from a company I ordered from that I met on one of the groups, but before I even got them in the mail they were shipped all the way from texas to washington to oklahoma in two days. Can you imagine how stressed they were from the journey already and yet when I get them finally home one dies the next day. I chalked it up to stress from the journey since they were very small. I contacted the person that I dealt with from the company and was told I would be refunded for the dead animal. This raised a red flag so I kept a close watch on them and come to find out I see pinworms in there sterile container. I contacted the dealer and told them that the animals I recieved were sick with pinworms and was told what they treated pinworms with and got the medicine to cure them. The dealer told me that I could keep the geckos and get a full refund because we both agreed that if I was to even ship them back it could kill them, being all they had went thru already. And I was not comfortable sending them back to someone that was apparently not taking care of them. Now they are saying that they want the geckos back before I get my refund I was promised. I got a phone call from the dealer earlier and was told I'm not getting my money back unless I return the geckos. I was hung up on four times and then was sent to voicemail 5 times. I want to know if I am in the wrong in any way. I have photos and copies of all my conversations with them and they are not pretty. If they were so concerned about the geckos why did they not stay in contact with me. I received no messages or emails concerning the health of the babies. I was the one that initiated the conversation asking about my refund when I was then told, oh well we changed our minds and want the sick babies back. They even admitted to me that they had been treating their colony and crickets because of pinworms. I don't think it's fair for them to keep selling their geckos until they get the infected colony treated and tested.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
Helenthereef
I suggest you post some of the photos of the sick geckos here. It's not that people doubt your word, but when you are making a case it's good to post proof of what you are claiming. You'll find people more helpful the more evidence you can provide.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #3
Agoralyx
Proof of taking the animals to the vet would also be helpful, since you refused to provide it when you posted about the issue on Facebook. That seems to be the largest hangup on receiving your refund, as far as I can tell.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #4
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoralyx View Post
Proof of taking the animals to the vet would also be helpful, since you refused to provide it when you posted about the issue on Facebook. That seems to be the largest hangup on receiving your refund, as far as I can tell.
Don't know what occurred on Facebook, since there are those of us that rarely (if ever) spend time there, but here, in this thread, the OP does not make mention of having taken the geckos to the vet. Only states that he obtained the medicine that the dealer said they use for pinworms.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #5
Pasodama
To the OP:
I agree with Helen. Please post photos and copies of any communications you had with "Gorgeous Geckos".
This will help a lot.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #6
gorgeousgecko
We already went through an entire thread after Ryan posted this in the Crested Gecko Classifieds which he has now deleted because of the backfire he received. He has been offered a full refund including medication AND he can keep the animals if he could show he has taken them to a vet and gotten treatment for the pinworms which had had assured me he had done. He refuses to prove he has gotten them treatment and we have offered to drive 7 hours to pick up the animals and take them for treatment and he would receive a full refund but he REFUSES to give back the animals for a refund. He has been given two very reasonable offers and is refusing both and is now trying to troll around as many forums as possible pleading his case. All he needed to do was provide a vet receipt or proof of treatment and he gets both refund and animals. He is hiding something, we are uncertain what his real motivation is but at this point it looks very much like a scam.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:41 PM   #7
Warlardo
Why dont you just take a pic of the vet slip and get your money?

Old 09-29-2014, 11:55 PM   #8
Jazzman
I saw the thread on Facebook earlier ( and the 87 comments) and you leave a lot of information out in this post here that you said there... well, GG just filled in some of the blanks above...

But let me get this right,You want a 100% refund AND keep the geckos? WHY? If their so bad off?

If you're dissatisfied with the health of the geckos, dissatisfied enough to post on Facebook And here that it's a serious issue... The breeder is willing to give you a 100% refund (not typical), drive to your location and pickup the geckos as to not impose any more stress than necessary, AND you don't have to do anything but wash your hands of any grief... yet you're not taking her up on it? Again Why? This just makes no sense.

This seems like a slam dunk... yes, in my opinion you are WRONG for wanting a full refund AND keep the geckos. If not wrong, it just seems like greed (and that the geckos are not really in that bad of health, after all.)

And if you took the geckos to the vet like you said, why not produce the receipt? Then you get everything. Again a slam dunk choice. This could have been settled with a snap of a finger, and far less drama.

I'm sorry, pin worms are not fun, almost impossible to get rid of completely... but having pin worms is not the end of the world, nor does it necessarily mean the geckos are "sick"... it's a natural consequence of having reptiles. Pin worms and other little parasites are exactly why we quarantine animals before they're introduced into our colony, because even in the best of circumstances the stress of shipping can create a dampen immune system that allows the little pests, that have been held at bay before to flourish.

It's my opinion, but I doubt you actually have a vet bill to produce (otherwise you would have ponied it up)...
so I say, give up the geckos, get your 100% refund and go on with your life. I think Gorgeous Gecko is being more than fair... no body gives a money back guarantee on the health of their shipped animals, least none that I know of... replacement sure... but not money back. (I'm looking at Pangea, LLL, AC Reptiles, Altitude Exotics... All reputable breeders just like Gorgeous Gecko)
If you had a legitimate beef I would back you... but frankly from this seat... it just looks like you're stirring up drama, and trying to get sympathy so you don't have to pay for geckos that you want to keep? To me that's a scam.

As a breeder, small time at that, I would NEVER do business with you. You asked for our opinion... there's mine.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:57 PM   #9
ryanbean1981
Kim changed the agreement and she knows it, I have the proof and will post it all soon. I have documentation for everything including photos that will be uploaded also. There is a lot I'm having to screenshot and get in order so give me some patience. I have others that have had conversations with me that will be speaking up soon on the welfare of the geckos from GG. And Kim I didn't delete the post because you think I can't handle your clique, I copied everything to post here for the BOI to see. And frankly I was bored with your posts because I wasn't getting anywhere. Here you cannot be a ringleader and people will find out the truth of what has happened and the agreement. If you were so worried about the geckos why did you not contact me to see how they were doing? Just curious.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:13 AM   #10
Jazzman
ryan bean Scam artist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbean1981 View Post
And Kim I didn't delete the post because you think I can't handle your clique, I copied everything to post here for the BOI to see. And frankly I was bored with your posts because I wasn't getting anywhere.
You bet you weren't getting anywhere... You deleted the post because 87 people thought you were full of shit.

Serious question here... If the geckos are that sick, why not return them and get your ALL your money back. You can't even go to Walmart and get your money back without giving back the merchandise.

OR something even simpler... produce the vet bill to backup your word... Bingo, you get you money right?

Trying to get your money back without returning the actual merchandise at Walmart, they call that a scam or stealing, and they haul your ass off to jail,m don't they?

So what is your complaint? It seems the breeder is willing to return your money (again, not typical), take the geckos off your hands... Why aren't you happy with this? I'm confused.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!