Bad Guy The Serpentarium- Lodi, Ca - Page 51 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-24-2020, 01:40 PM   #501
TheSerpentarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I think this is an important distinction. To me, unless you are f&f, using f&f has all sorts of negative connotations. A buyer can arrange for no fees by using another payment method.

As far as the ID thing, I personally don't think it is out of line in general to ask for someone's ID in a transaction. In this day and age though there is a lot of ID theft going on, and you know if you've read the BOI for over 5 minutes that there are scammers uninterested in reptiles who may be interested in harvesting IDs.

What, to you two, is a good compromise?
I would have, and still am willing to negotiate the terms of the deal. As you can see in the email conversation, it was not I who stopped the negotiation.

I am fine with other forms of payment. I am fine with shipping first and taking all the risk. I am fine with what we agreed on for the deal. I am fine that he posted this for the public to see. I'm not the problem here.

Old 01-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #502
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond GenetiX View Post
- You weren't willing to ship first, I was. You supplied no references, no I.d., you were the one asking to trade, you reached out to me. Industry standard, the person asking for the trade typically ships first.
To Robert, the underlined is why I asked earlier and yes, it is relevant.

While some agree to ship the same day, the one making the trade request or offer tends to be the tick to the tick-tock shipping shipping sequence. I could agree to ship the same day to a person with whom history and trust have been built, but that is a personal exception. Insistence on a same day shipment by someone I am wary of who proposed a trade would be a reason for me to shut a still-forming deal down.

Regarding the furnishing of ID, I *want* people to ask to see my ID for a credit card transaction at a retail location. For my security. I *do not want* a cashier to expect that being given a preservable copy is reasonable. For my security. There are instances where this might be more acceptable (ESA-listed species deals to ensure legal compliance is being achieved in good faith), but I know I would not burden my customers with ID requests under conventional sets of circumstances.

Placing myself in Jason's shoes, the points above would be factors in my willingness to entertain or continue a transaction.

Old 01-24-2020, 11:10 PM   #503
TheSerpentarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
To Robert, the underlined is why I asked earlier and yes, it is relevant.

While some agree to ship the same day, the one making the trade request or offer tends to be the tick to the tick-tock shipping shipping sequence. I could agree to ship the same day to a person with whom history and trust have been built, but that is a personal exception. Insistence on a same day shipment by someone I am wary of who proposed a trade would be a reason for me to shut a still-forming deal down.

Regarding the furnishing of ID, I *want* people to ask to see my ID for a credit card transaction at a retail location. For my security. I *do not want* a cashier to expect that being given a preservable copy is reasonable. For my security. There are instances where this might be more acceptable (ESA-listed species deals to ensure legal compliance is being achieved in good faith), but I know I would not burden my customers with ID requests under conventional sets of circumstances.

Placing myself in Jason's shoes, the points above would be factors in my willingness to entertain or continue a transaction.
I'm sorry, but your response makes no sense to me. Nobody was asking to ship the same day. Anyway, all of this a moot point now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!