"Cough"?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Heart4Dragonz
Question "Cough"??

Heey, I have a female beardie that's about 9months old, she recently started "coughing". She's not wheezy or producing extra mucus, she still love her silk worms. I've read else where that they can have sinus problems, which can cause that "coughing" and this year has been one of the worst allergy seasons yet, and it Did just start happening last night after I had taken my beardies out for some sun bathing. I live in Fl, so it's been pretty hot out lately, and their basking temp is always between 105-110, 10.0 UVB, Cleaned everyday, Crickets, silkworms, and greens diet... she does have a cage mate who hasn't "coughed"...soooooo..anyone have any suggestions?

Please and Thank You!

Old 04-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #2
CarolinaClassicDragons
Hey Amanda,

How long have you had this dragon in that cage with a roommate? I had a couple of different thoughts when I read your posting. First...it may be too early to tell. Second, I would make sure that roomie isnt stressing this girl out. I would isolate her and make sure she isnt coming down with a URI.

Best of luck!

Old 04-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
Heart4Dragonz
They're been together since they were both about 4months, I can take them out and they still don't wander far from each other. I'm separating them today, just in case she IS getting an RI. I just don't know how she would've gotten one, when I know their cages are fine, and not damp or anything :-\

Thanks

Old 04-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Heart4Dragonz
...Annnyone??

Old 04-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
Heart4Dragonz
..It's not an RI, I took her and her roomate to the vet today, no parasites, and no signs of respitory distress. He gave me antibiotics for her and gave her a shot of baytril just in case, and from what I'd told him i've seen her doing...
Guess we'll see..

Old 04-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
CarolinaClassicDragons
Good luck with everything Amanda.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
Heart4Dragonz
Just to update, she's still alive, she's still pretty active, and hating the oral baytril treatment, it ends on the 30th of this month. She's not eating, but I'm thinking it may just be from the antibiotics, she doesn't seem to be loosing much weight?...I haven't seen her do her "cough" in about a week...
I'll update again when the treatment is done...*crosses fingers*

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!