Rep Power... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:19 PM   #1
Eric East
Rep Power...

...what is this & how does it work?

Thanks!

Eric

Old 08-18-2005, 02:10 AM   #2
Sasheena
There are a number of threads on this topic with EXCELLENT explanations that you can search out, possibly even linked at the bottom of this thread too!

In short, reputation is a way of determining how good or bad a person's POSTS have been on this site. Not whether or not they themselves are good or bad people. (though people with high negative reputation points tend to be people not worth listening to, imho).

Whenever someone says something that makes sense in the sort of way that makes you say "That was perfectly said" I give them a positive reputation point. I give those a lot more freely than negative ones. I have given negative points to those who recommend violence, spew profanity, break all the rules, or are just out-n-out jerks as evidenced by whichever nasty post they've recently made.

As a contributing member, in the USER CP section, you can see who has left you your negative and positive points. As a Paid Participant, I believe, you can only see what the comments on, but not who left them. I enjoy those comments. Frequently I'll see a good post that makes me think of a short one-line comment I've wanted to make to the author of the post so instead of a private message, I often send them a short message via the reputation system. I think it's a great system, even if it is abused from time to time.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:16 AM   #3
Sasheena
Here's an excellent link:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=reputation

Old 08-18-2005, 08:35 AM   #4
Cat_72
I just gave Sasheena a "positive point" because I think she did an excellent job of explaining, even looked up a link to post for you.....and was generally exceptionally nice and helpful.

See how that works? You'll KNOW it when you come across a post that deserves a negative point, lol.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:39 AM   #5
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
You'll KNOW it when you come across a post that deserves a negative point, lol.
Gotta pay to give negs Cathy. Registered users can only give positives.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:43 AM   #6
Cat_72
Ah....my bad, I didn't check his membership status. TY for pointing that out Jim.

Again....need more coffee. LOL.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:18 AM   #7
DAND
Now I'll be giving Cat negative points for giving out bogus information.
Just kidding.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #8
Cat_72
Well then I'll give David some red ones for being a big MEANY.

Also kidding, of course.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #9
DAND
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #10
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Two wrongs don't make a right.
But three lefts will.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!