Native Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-28-2005, 08:24 PM   #1
twh49801
Question Native Reptiles

did a search with no results,have any of you had recent dealings with this company,please share.thanks,

TIMOTHY W. HURKMANS

Old 11-19-2005, 04:56 PM   #2
GuinnyOne
I know that this was an old post inquiring about Native Reptiles. I already PM'd the original poster with my experience since I was not a paid member. But now I am and would like to post my experience with this person/company.

I recently purchased a redfoot tortoise from him. He had it posted on the Kingsnake website. His e-mail address is islandmarble@comcast.net

I want to add before going any further that I did recieve the tortoise and the tortoise is healthy. And I will willingly admit I originally knew nothing about this forum when I purchased this tortoise from him and I am new to purchasing animals online. So I definately did not get enough personal information about him before agreeing to make the purchase. That is my fault entirely.

Below are all the e-mails exchanged between islandmarble and myself.

I should also add the date on his computer is off. So everytime I recieved a message it was labeled as being from November of 2006.

And my married name is Kelly Johnson. My maiden name is Kelly Reade. I often go by both my maiden and married name because I have not yet switched all of my financial accounts to my married name.

yes she is.. you can paypal me at the same email address
----- Original Message -----
To: <islandmarble@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 9:36 PM
Subject: Message about: granada island redfoot female

> Just curious if you still have this little girl. I'd love to have
her.
> Thanks, Kelly
>
> ----------------------------------------------
> Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
> location window) the URL below to view the ad that
> this message is in response to.
>
> http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=358951&cat=50

Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 06:57:04 -0800 (PST)
From: "Kelly Johnson" <guinnyone@sbcglobal.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Message about: granada island redfoot female
To: "islandmarble" <islandmarble@comcast.net>

sent 250 via paypal. Ship to Kelly Reade; (deleted my mailing address to post)My cell phone # 209-(deleted cell phone number for post). Let me know what other information you need. Kelly

Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:43:57 -0800 (PST)
From: "Kelly Johnson" <guinnyone@sbcglobal.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Just wanted to make sure you got my payment and when you might ship her? Kelly

From: "islandmarble" <islandmarble@comcast.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "Kelly Johnson" <guinnyone@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 18:19:15 -0600

YES, WE DID RECIEVE YOUR PAYMENT, AND WE SHIP TUESDAY, THANK YOU, FOR YOUR BUSINESS, AND TIME / NATIVE REPTILES
To: islandmarble
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 9:19 PM

Hi. I already sent a couple messages and have not recieved any response. I'm hoping that you could let me know that you recieved my payment alright. I noticed the ad for this tortoise had been taken down from Kingsnake.com. I am sure that you are busy, but if you could please just send me a quick e-mail and let me know what is going on, I would surely appreciate it. Thanks again, Kelly

Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 15:01:19 -0800 (PST)
From: "KAJ" <guinnyone@sbcglobal.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Hi, I just wanted to drop a line to let you know that it is 3:00 PM here Wednesday and I have not recieved this tortoise yet. DHL, FedEX, and UPS normally deliver by 2:00PM to our area. I was just wondering if you have a tracking number for this little girl that I may check to see if they got hung up somewhere??? Kelly

Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:15:52 -0800 (PST)
From: "KAJ" <guinnyone@sbcglobal.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Well, it is past 5:00 PM here and the tortoise never did arrive. I've had minimal contact with you guys and no one has responded to my request to have a tracking number sent to me. I've had 4 tortoises shipped to me in the last week and all arrived here on time. I guess I'm simply requesting that you reverse the PayPal transaction if the tortoise has actually not been shipped out. If by Friday, November 11th, this has not happened, I will be filing a complaint with PayPal as well as with Kingsnake.com. If this is a mistake and the tortoise has been shipped, or if something terrible has happened, I truely do apologize. But unless I hear from someone there, I cannot know otherwise. Kelly

From: "islandmarble" <islandmarble@comcast.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "KAJ" <guinnyone@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:29:20 -0600

sorry ,,,about the delay, I WILL SHIP IT OUT WED. WE GOT A little behind .. sorry again.

At this point I was worried that I had been ripped off. So on Thursday, I filed a complaint that my purchase had not arrived. This is the message I got in response to PayPal sending him the complaint letter.

To: guinnyone@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: First Request for Information About Buyer Complaint: Case ID #PP-119-348-098
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 08:21:28 -0600

To: <service@paypal.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 8:19 AM
Subject: Re: First Request for Information About Buyer Complaint: Case
ID
#PP-119-348-098

> these goods have been sent tracking number 23163975645 at
> www.dhl-usa.com it is due to arrive on friday . i beleive the
> purchaser was to eagar to receive the package . thank you
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <service@paypal.com>
> To: <ISLANDMARBLE@COMCAST.NET>
> Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:35 PM
> Subject: First Request for Information About Buyer Complaint: Case ID
> #PP-119-348-098
>
>
>> Dear NATIVE REPTILES,
>>
>> We recently received a claim from a buyer regarding merchandise that
>> either
>> was never received or did not match your original description.
Please
>> understand that until our investigation into this matter is
complete, we
>> may place a hold on funds associated with this transaction. For more
>> information, please review our User Agreement.
>>(I cut out the PayPal complaint number and such to protect transaction information)
>>
>> -----------------------------------

To: guinnyone@sbcglobal.net
Subject: money for the tort!
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:37:25 -0600

yes you recently purchased a redfoot tort from me and made a complaint
to
paypal about shipping , well shipping shows you got the tort . and i
need my
money ! let me know what you want to do . pay, ship it back or i can
have
someone pick it up thank you native reptiles

To: "KAJ" <guinnyone@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: money for the tort!
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 04:34:15 -0600

thank you
To: islandmarble
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: money for the tort!

Yes, she did arrive. Thank you for that. I apologize for any inconvenience that I caused you. I was extremely concerned though when you told me you would ship and she never arrived, never arrived, never arrived. But I do apologize. As for the money, it has not been credited to my account. I cancelled the dispute with PayPal. I'm assuming that they took the money out and held it until the issue was resolved. If PayPal does not release the funds back to you, please let me know. But realize, I don't have the money back either.

I tried to put these in different colors so they would be easier to tell apart, but i doubt I did a very good job here.

I just felt that this person was being irresponsible and unproffessional in telling me that the tort would be shipped on a Tuesday, never told me that it hadn't been shipped....well, you can read the e-mails.

If I am in the wrong here, and I know I am for not checking this person out better, then I'm sorry for posting.

Just wanted to pass this along for others to read. Kelly Reade-Johnson

Old 11-19-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
twh49801
if i had to guess ?????

kelly thanks for posting,i almost forgot to post my experiences.i was inquering about three tri-color hogs,when i asked about sex they responded saying : "if i had to guess i'd say there 2.1 or 1.2".i emailed back saying they could also be 3.0, ?? there response was :" they could also be 0.3 and it's a great price". TIMOTHY W. HURKMANS

Old 11-21-2005, 09:13 AM   #4
dzoo
Tri color Hogs

If i was spending that kind of money I would want more than "a guess" any competent breeder / dealer can sex snakes pretty accurately. Maybe they didn't actually have the animals and were brokering so they could not check, could have been the case with the tortoise also................If you are still looking for tri color hogs I can reccomend a good breeder PM me.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
twh49801
Talking waiting on eggs

john thanks for the breeder info,i've already made a deal with a fauna advertiser,just waiting for the eggs to hatch.TIMOTHY W. HURKMANS

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!