Caiman problem - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Crocodilian Discussion Forum

Notices

Crocodilian Discussion Forum This section is for discussions pertaining to any and all topics concerning crocodilians.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Tbone21
Caiman problem

I have two dwarf caimans. They are only about a foot long. The one has a white mass on middle toe and the other has white patch on it's side. Is this an infection or something or is this just some scar tissue from maybe a fight between the two at night? Any guesses or suggestions..

Old 03-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
Le Plat
Pics??
how long has it been there?

It will probably go away in a few days.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
hadenglock
white mass and white patch? could be an abcess or a bite wound, the patch could be the same thing or even a burn mark. hard to say without pics, either way get them to a vet, if it is an infection, they may be able to drain it and send you home with antibiotics. again its hard to say without pictures

Old 03-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
KRAZE
my dwarf had a couple white spots on his tail skin about a year ago. One day he decided to go nuts whes i walked by his pen (must just been in a bad mood) and he thrashed and on the way into the water roughed his tail on a rock in the cage. He also broke on of the scutes on his back once, and it left behind a white spot.
Everything always healed up within a couple of weeks jsut fine. I made sure to clean the woulds out and every day i took him out, dried him off and put some neosporin on the tail skin wound, then let him sit in a rubbermaid without water for an hour under a basking lamp to allow the neo to do its job. I also made sure the water was pristine those couple weeks. I;m assuming your guy has a similar issue. If its actually a growing buldge or looking kinda fungus-y, i would seek a vet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!