Tracking down Scott Wright? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
AppEcto
Tracking down Scott Wright?

I contacted Scott via email about some available snakes a couple months ago. We conversed about them up until October 22 of this year, when I purchased a money order to send him. When I told him I'd be sending it out, he said he was moving on Friday of that week, but that it should arrive by then and he'd plan to ship the following week. That was the last I heard from him, and it's been almost a month since his moving date. I've sent several emails since then with no response. I got a phone number from another breeder that may or may not still be valid for him, and my message was never returned. Finally, I sent a letter to the shipping address for the money order via priority mail and it was delivered 2 days ago. The letter included my phone number in case he was having internet issues, but I still haven't received a phone call from him so I'm getting pretty concerned by now.

The tracking number indicated that it was delivered to the same city and zip code as the original shipping address, so either he didn't move far or he didn't set up a forwarding address. So it's possible he didn't actually get my letter, though it seems unlikely to me. Frankly, I don't know any other way to try and contact him though and I'm tired of waiting to see if he'll ever contact me again. Scott has a good reputation, and I've not seen anyone claiming to have a problem with him in the past, but I'm afraid if I don't hear from him very soon I'll have no alternative to taking legal action. So if anyone can clue me in on how to get in touch with him now, please do so. Thanks.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:34 PM   #2
hhmoore
Kevin,
Did you check to see if the money order was cashed?

Old 11-21-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
AppEcto
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Kevin,
Did you check to see if the money order was cashed?
I tried to, but was told by someone at the post office that I had to wait 60 days before I could. After looking into it further, I've learned that isn't true, but I just found out today and couldn't get to a post office to fill out the form in time. Since tomorrow's a holiday, I guess Friday's the next chance I'll have to do so. They told me I can't get a refund for it until 60 days from the day I purchased it though, so even if it hasn't been cashed yet, I don't know if I'll be able to cancel it until another month passes.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
Russ Bates
My Dealings w/ Scott

were great and I really don't think you have anything to worry about. He'll make good on whatever deal you two had prior to his move.

I bet this is all one big misunderstanding. The timing of you sending him payment and him moving may have resulted in an undelivered payment. The post office may tell you it was delivered but if no one lives at the address and they didn't fill out a forwarding address card the payment could be just hanging around the post office. I had that happen to me before (not with snake payments but other important mail).

Best of luck. If you were buying hypo balls from him....you are really going to like them.

Russ

Old 11-26-2007, 01:16 AM   #5
AppEcto
I just wanted to update that I have heard from Scott now. Issues arose during his move that prevented him from getting my messages, but that's been set right now and everything's back on track.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!