FaunaClassifieds upgrade now in progress - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 PM   #71
Cat_72
Heh, I just figured out the "friends list" thing....

Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #72
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72 View Post
Heh, I just figured out the "friends list" thing....
What did you figure out exactly?

I went to open the "buddy list" to see who was online and it wasn't there, so I clicked on "contacts and friends" figuring that was the closest thing to it. It didn't tell me who was online so I clicked the friend box and apparently sent a butt load of friend requests to everyone that was formerly on my buddy list.

I don't know what that will do or if it will equate with the old buddy list or not.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:23 PM   #73
Cat_72
Well, I just figured out that it's like the friends list on MySpace (for as little as I understand that...). People send you friend requests, you approve them or not....and vice versa.

I never messed with the buddy list before, so that didn't affect me in this case...but I imagine it would be similar.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #74
Mooing Tricycle
I dont mind them. But again depending on how cluttered it makes things, i may remove it, or take people off the list later. ( sort of along haralds reasonings as well) not anything against anyone, i just like neatness.
I like the social groups thing, and i like that you can make your own little areas of the site for a specific purpose

Old 09-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #75
BryonsBoas
Yup , moving like frozen molasses on my end. Another thing I noticed is every so often when I click on a thread or User CP button , I get logged out.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 PM   #76
Dennis Hultman
Sorry to hear that Bryon. No lag time on my end and I haven't been logged out.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #77
hhmoore
Well, I thought I disabled them all...
I don't get emails for the "friends" requests, but I still get message notifications. Hopefully there is a way to shut that off, and I just haven't found it yet. If not, I'll have to change the last line of my signature to "No, I won't be your friend - please don't ask".

Again, to the friends that have sent requests to me: no offense, and nothing personal, I just don't want to utilize that option.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #78
Mooing Tricycle
The amount of users in chat, is not showing up at the top of the screen when browsing forums. there are several of us in there.

Usually there is the number of users next to the chat link on the right.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:20 AM   #79
wcreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry, but it was time to move on to a different front page style.

As for the attachment limit on threads, there is NONE. I'm not sure what it is you are seeing....
When I try to attach an 85 KB JPG I get the following message "Exceeds your quota by 1.61 MB. Click here to view your attachments". It's a pop up window so I can't get the url and I can't attach an image because I'm over my quota.

When I click the "Click here..." link it show me all my attachments and gives me the option of deleting them individually.

It's on this page http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ditattachments

I also see the following "You are currently using 2.51 MB to store 87 uploaded attachments." The only thing I have stored is in Herps in the News. I guess I don't really need to attach images to any more News articles but I think it adds to the article.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:11 AM   #80
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
Thats Hell. so you can see that specific forum, im guessing.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72 View Post
Ahhh...confusion. I live in a constant state of confusion - you eventually grow accustomed to it, and learn to embrace it rather than fight it.
It is good to know I am not alone!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fauna upgrade, faunaclassifieds